Delta Registeel Nature/Moveset

Hi all, simple question for ya. For an in-game set for D. Registeel, does Bold or Impish work better? I was thinking Bold, with a moveset of Lave Plume/Stealth Rock/Recover/(insert move here). Is there any benefit to either Impish or Bold?

Bold works. You can also do Sassy or Relaxed. Modest works too. But i see you want to run it specially. So don’t do Impish at ALL.

D. Registeel @ Leftovers/Petaya Berry
Ability: Flame Body (Foundry if possible)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Modest/Sassy/Bold/Quiet Nature

• Lava Plume/Ancient Power (IF FOUNDRY)
  • Recover
  • Stealth Rock :smiling_imp:
  • Focus Miss/Thunderbolt

But honestly? It has better options on the physical side.

D. Registeel @ Leftovers/Petaya Berry
Ability: Flame Body (Foundry if possible)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant/Sassy/Brave Nature

• Fire Punch or Stone Edge/Rock Slide (IF FOUNDRY)
  • Recover
  • Stealth Rock :smiling_imp:
  • Hammer Arm/Thunder Punch

Pick your poison. Or, if you eat in the school cafeteria, pick your mystery meat.

3 Likes

Got it, thanks!

1 Like

honestly its also good defensively with something like
D. Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body/Foundry
Bold Nature

• Recover
  • Lava Plume
  • Stealth Rock/Will-o-wisp/Infestation
  • Toxic
1 Like

I consider D.Registeel to be a purely defensive Pokémon and who’s only reason not to bu used over heatran is that he is the only Pokémon who has access to Fire type Steal Rocks. It may not sounds so strong, but consider halving Ferrothorn’s HP when it enter the field instead of a mear 6%.

2 Likes

Personally I’d switch the nature to benefit defense and swap Hammer Arm/Thunderpunch for custom grass move for more coverage. (plus I use custom grass on some other fire and electric types)

I do NOT like mixed attackers. NOT ONE BIT. So, no.

Mixed d regi is way too underwhelming with its mediocre attacking stats imo

Any of the custom moves are physical, and has 70 base power rather than hidden power’s 60. What I was suggesting was an impish nature with the custom grass move, since it is much better coverage. My moveset (given foundry ability) would be: stealth rocks, rock slide/stone edge, custom move, recover.