Custom sprite errors?

Hi. Im new here and have been enjoying your game immensely. i decided to make a custom sprite for typhlosion and his mega, making fire blue etc. i installed GIMP to do this and then exported the new sprite files (battlers, icons, and character) over the old one replacing them with the new sprites. however when i go into the game i get an error message which i will post below. Then when i click ok the message dissapears and the custom sprite does actually show up correctly. However, whenever i open up my party menu the error message appears again, and again, like before when i click ok the message dissapears and shows the sprite as it should (this sprite being the icon sprite in your party screen) then once leaving the party screen and going back to the over-world screen the message appears again. i eventually figured out the message appears whenever the game has to load and show the custom sprite. i am just a bit confused when an error message appears but then the sprite appears as it should? Have i done something wrong? Is there a way to fix this? Because it is quite hard to play when an error message is constantly popping up.

this is the error message btw

and after i click ok:
after%20error%20message%20pkm%20insurgence

I received complaints of this happening when I edited sprites using GIMP after its 2.0 update. To solve this, I just opened the sprite in a different sprite program (such as ASEPRITE) and then saved it.

thank you so much! I will do this right now! so if i edit other sprites in gimp then reopen and save them in this other program it will work for them too?

also is there a cheaper option than ASEPRITE

ASEPRITE v0.9.5 is free. And yes, reopening and saving them will fix it. I’ve noticed that the iCCP error doesn’t always happen when editing/saving sprites in GIMP but ASEPRITE will always give you an error if a sprite has that issue that saving fixes afterwards.

am i on the wrong thing?

ah i get it now. thank you for all your help, i had tried the internet before but i couldnt understand all the stuff they were saying :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: i think you made a great game and i think your an amazing guy to still be helping the community.