Castform Solo Run - NEED HELP AGAINST E4

Hey guys! So I’ve been doing a solo run with Castform for about a month now and I’m almost done. I’m at the Elite Four and Kayla’s Sylveon and Espeon are being a pain in the butt for me with their Calm Minds, Baton Passes and Stored Power. On top of that, my Castform is a special attacker and Sylveon has some pretty high Special Defense. Do you guys have any ideas on how I can tackle this?

I’ve personally never tried a solo run but I have an idea on how you might be able to beat Kayla.
Castform @ Focus Sash
Ability: Forecast
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

• New Moon
  • Psych Up
  • Clear Smog
  • Weather Ball

So the idea is that you copy the sylveons stat changes and then use clear smog to get rid of her stat changes. Now if castform could learn taunt that would be great but it doesn’t. New moon is chosen as it makes castform a dark type, making it immune to stored power and the power of hypervoice is reduced tho it’s still super effective. Alternatively sunny day can be used to get rid of scizor but other than that I really have no idea how you gonna win

Completely forgot about X items lmao. Use the xspdef (which I have no idea where it is) to better tank the sylveons move.
Also if you get lucky enough and have hp poison or steel, replace psych up for it. While the castform stays asleep due to smeargle’s spore, use every single xspdef and xspatk you have on it
@AaronTheGladiator

1 Like

That’s a great strategy though the thing is I don’t wanna change my moveset (which is Weather Ball, Sunny Day, Rain Dance and New Moon) or go as far as changing IVs and EVs because I’m too dumb to understand all that. But, the X Special Defense and X Special Attack strat you gave is definitely one I’m using! I would just waste a turn using an Awakening! And I’m really only having problems with Sylveon as my Castform’s pretty speedy and bulky, so I’m not really worried about anyone else. I’m actually going to be making a video on this and so a rule I made during this challenge is that I can only teach Castform moves that it naturally learns. Think I can do something with that? Sorry for giving the information so late. But, I think I’ll learn what EVs and IVs are and fix that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad it helped! Also I found a problem in my strat. The x spdef isn’t really gonna be helping cuz sylveon is gonna hit so hard with its like base 200 stored power at +3 or smth, so instead you should use xspeed, which boost your speed instead. You need to have clear smog to remove the opposing stat boost, else you’ll have to rely on crits and thats not reliable

Hm… Well, Castform can only learn Smog by breeding. I think I’ll research a bit more or maybe just crit. I’m not giving up. :wink:

1 Like

Bruh, I’m doing a solo run of Castform and I’m already at the Elite Four.

2 Likes

Crap, forgot about that line. facepalm Nevermind me then.

2 Likes

@Boggaspotatoe Hey thanks for your help! I couldn’t have gotten through Kayla without you. Like you said, instead of wasting a turn when I was asleep, I used an X Special Defense 3 and had Castform hold Scope Lens to increase its critical-hit ratio. I set up Sunny Day and thanks to my boosted Special Defense, Sylveon wouldn’t attack until it had 3 Special Attack and that time along with a critical hit allowed me to kill her Sylveon and everyone else wasn’t really too hard.

1 Like

Do you think you have a strategy for Eduard’s Garchomp as well? It’s too fast for Castform and my Castform doesn’t have an Ice-Type move. Like, do you have any items that I should make it hold?

2 Likes

If u have the hail tm ofc

Actually nvm, u can’t trade while u are in E4 room, forget I said this

Well, I’m not allowed to trade in this challenge, but I have Heart Scales, but the thing is, I already researched for the best possible moveset and Hail isn’t as useful in the other battles. Also, I can only teach my Castform moves that it naturally learns, so no TMs or Move Tutors allowed. Move Relearner is allowed though.

I was thinking of using just certain items to help me out, you know.

Does the Garchomp OHKO u?

Um, not exactly, it KO’s me in 2 turns, but its faster than me, so it may as well be an OHKO.

1 Like

Approximately, how many weather balls u would have to use so it faints?

I’m glad it helped! I completely forgot about scope lens, good thinking!
For the garchomp I suggest using the move relearner to teach it hail(not actually sure if it learns it that way but hey incase it does) and then use weather ball. It’s pretty much a beefed up ice beam and it gets stab cuz it changes into its hail form [HAIL YEAH] and then it should ohko the garchomp. This does unfortunately mean that you’ll have to remove one of your other weather changing moves and have to lose to the e4 to get out of the room, by extension meaning you’ll have to battle Kayla again. I suggest removing new moon cuz it’s pretty useless against the e4 and other than for Kayla (for whom you anyways used sun) it’s no good.

1 Like

Alternatively you could use a choice scarf or a choice specs to get rid of the garchomp, tho this obviously makes it so that you can’t use weather

1 Like

I did think of using Choice Items, but Weather Ball is just 50 Base Power under no weather and if I set up the weather, I can’t attack. As for New Moon, it’s extremely useful against the Champion!