Bug involving Surfing requiring restart

In Midna Town, on the right, there’s a small lake, as seen on this map. You can see it has a rough border. There’s even a spot with a singular tile. So, the problem occurs if you enter that tile from the bottom, resulting in either this or this, depending on previous actions.

If you enter either of those states, and enter Surfing to the left, like this, you will see that for a fraction of a second, your pokemon will jump on to the tile you were just on. Then, of course, if you go directly back on to the tile, you and your pokemon will be on the same tile, like this. And guess what happens then?

You can’t move. The only way to move off of this specific tile is Surf. To do that, you need to hit whatever key takes an action (usually Space), while facing the water. But guess what happens if you try? You talk to your pokemon. Every time you try to escape, you just talk to your pokemon. Instant Lapras is a Key Item, but you can’t Register it, so that plan won’t work. You’re stuck.

Edit: Ok, apparently if you restart, it fixes it for some reason? Well, I guess that’s good, but weird.

Wouldn’t you just be able to remove your follower, then you won’t talk to it, and can surf out just fine…?

Edit: Also that seems like a lot of steps, including redoing an action you literally just did (and found nothing there, so why would you go back?) the chance of randomly doing that is kinda slim.

I don’t think you can remove your follower anymore, unless it’s fainted, so I guess you could fish there and then slowly ko one of your pokemon?

yeah your right, you can’t remove it anymore (why/when was it removed?), but fishing would work i assume.

I believe it was removed b/c of some Quartz Flute bug, but i dunno

Ok, I may or may not have accidentally done the glitch, and it seems like if you close the game, then open it again, and go to your save, your follower pokemon isn’t on the same tile anymore. Hurrah?

1 Like

Well, I guess that’s good. Confusing, but good.

Use fly or press P

Not everyone with Surf has Fly, you literally get Surf after the first gym…

Also, pressing P doesn’t work.

Pressing P…doesn’t actually do anything in this scenario.

oh i thought it will fix this