Breeding Question?

I pretty much understand breeding except for trasferring moves. From what I have learned so far, I have been able to get a sableye with recover. I want it to learn will o wisp as well but i dont know any pokemon sableye’s egg group that know it, and from what I have seen on the wiki, there is no tm for it. If anyone can help with this ill be grateful :smiley:

EDIT : ok i got a male vulpix and female chimchar and the vulpix has willowisp but when i breed and level the baby chimchars they dont learn it?

Not true! Male Pokemon can pass on TM moves in Insurgence. For example, you could get Will-o-Wisp on Vulpix, breed it with Chimchar, and then breed Chimchar with Sableye. Once you have a male Sableye with Will-o-Wisp, then you’ll need to get a female Sableye with Recover by the above method. Finally breed the two and you’ll have a Sableye with both :slight_smile:

tysm :smiley:

do you know why my chimchar wont learn will o wisp? i have a female chimchar and male vulpix who knows will o wisp

Chimchar doesn’t learn Will-O-Wisp.

what do i transfer will o wisp onto? could i do a charmander?

Gimme a moment and will do you a breed chain.

thank you :smiley:

Actually, looking again at the move list it does learn it.
So berlyda breed chain is correct.
Try leveling up the Vulpix to at least a high level 20+ , then delete all the moves except the Will-O-Wisp. The same goes with Chimchar, just keep one move (any). and resume breeding.

Oh alright thanks, i had 4 moves before on the vulpix

also if you know any guides to how to make a breeding chain could you link them to me? im trying to learn how to do egg moves

Don’t think there is any.
First, you have to know what is an Egg Group.
Second, check the Bulbapedia for the Moves List for the needed Pokemon, whether is can learn the move you want or not.
Third, match-make the move w/ other Pokemon from the same Egg Group, if none found that can learn it naturally to pass it, check other Pokemon from another Egg Group who can learn it naturally and can breed with a Pokemon who is dual to both Egg Groups.

Example: is your chain breed.
Sableye is Human-Like
Chimchar is Human-Like and Field
Vulpix is Field (learns Will-O-Wisp naturally)

Also some breed chains can get complicated and some doesn’t work due ti a move not being available currently in the game like a TM for example which not many Pokemon can learn it and pass it through.
If you get lost figuring out a breeding chain it is okay to ask through here like you just did or you can ask me at around my Breeding Guide.

thanks man, i appreciate it and ill probably be on that thread a lot :stuck_out_tongue:

also if you are trying to breed moves that the fully evolved can learn through tms or move tutor (so its not listed in breeding moves on bulbapedia), check if the Pokemon that will hatch is able to learn the move. For example: I spent a lot of time trying to get an Excadrill with Iron Head, but drillbur can´t learn it.

Move tutor only moves can’t be passed down by breeding. Only TMs, HMs and egg moves can be passed down.

so an egg move is just a move the mon learned by leveling/breeding with other mons?

An Egg Move is a move passed to a Pokemon that is usually can’t be learned through level up.