Best Mega Evolution

What is the best Mega Evolution? I would want to add a new team member that can mega evolve for the PML. For this run I tried a solo run with D. Volcarona but I failed it so I forfeited it, and I’m trying to find a new team member to beat the PML.

Best Mega evolution? That really just depends. For example, a Mega Absol or Sharpedo would be a good choice against the psychic/ghost gym, but it’s best you don’t even try to use them against the 8th gym. Are you looking for Pokémon against the e4?

Yes, for the e4

If you’re trying to solo the e4, then good luck man. They are hard.

Kayla: Take out her Smeargle with a fast fighting type Pokémon with a multi-hitting fighting type move (like arm thrust). Blaziken you just wanna fight with water. Or ground. In short, use earthquake. Twice. Against Scizor, use Flamethrower or something. Espeon, use a dark type move. Sylveon, use a poison type move (perhaps poison jab?) And as for Slowbro, use either an electric type attack or a dark type attack.

This sound like too much for you? Well, you’re in luck! Only 1/3 of her team has a Focus sash (that is to say, only two of em). Smeargle and Blaziken. Still too much? Use defog. A lot.

Eduard: Most of his team is ground with three exceptions in Cacturne, Rotom-Wash and Aegislash. He also has a Garchomp and an Excadrill. Use mostly ice moves, like Freeze-Dry, which is an Ice type move with 70 power, 100 accuracy, 10% chance of freezing, AND has the ability to hit water types super-effectively. Against Aegislash and Excadrill, use Earthquake.

Yuki: Use fire, ground and electric type moves. That is all

London: He has a trick room team, so try to bring the slowest possible Pokémon. If not, bring Rotom-Fan. You can find one by interacting with any tv. Just make sure to spam the interact button. Teach it Shadow Ball, Thunder Bolt and that’s about it. When Rotom is in it’s flying type form, it knows Air Slash, so use that against everything else.

Against the champion, I have no other additions. Try coming up with something against this guy

1 Like

Rayquaza or Mewtwo. They had the highest stats in Gen 7. Dunno if they were nerfed in Insurgence or not, though.
If you’re looking to challenge the Elite Four, then as Egill said, it depends.

Best mega for a solo run is arguably D
Venu, using this specific set:

D. Venu @ D. Venusaurite
Ability: Psycho Call
EVs: 252 SpA, 4 Def, 252 Spe
Timid Nature

• Calm Mind
  • Psychic
  • Shadow Ball
  • Moonblast

Vs Kayla, use a Lum Berry instead of megastone.

1 Like

Mega Kangaskan is also a force to be rekon with. Don’t forget how broken its ability is, alongside some solid moves and setup options.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamand / Jolly Nature
-Fake Out
-Return / Body Slam / Double-Edge
-Crunch
-Power-Up Punch

There is also Delta Metagros (Ruin) if you are in the post-game. But if you are looking for a non-mega that cover 2 members at the same time, choose Gyarados. This is the one I always recommend, I call this set the Elite Breaker:

Gyarados @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Custom Move [Grass]
-Taunt

Taunt lets you cover Kyla and Eduard’s lead. After a Dragon Dance, Gyarados is faster than a +1 Blazkien like the one used by Kyla. Moxie allow you to snowball the opposition after a kill. Custom move Grass allows you to break past Water types, in this case, Rotom-W and Slowbro. You can get a hidden ability Magicarp at the friend safari, Moxie is important for the set. Here is the general strategy:

KLYA
Turn 1: Taunt
Turn 2: Dragon Dance
Turn 3: Dragon Dance
Turn 4: Sweep

EDUARD:
Turn 1: Taunt
Turn 2: Dragon Dance
Turn 3: Custom Move until Rotom-W faint.
Turn 4: Sweep

Alright, I will try out these against the e4. Thanks!