Baton Pass Team

I love Baton Pass teams! They’re super annoying to play against, but playing one yourself is always a lot of fun. Let me know how I did on this analysis, I feel like it was crappy but I certainly had a lot of fun doing it.

1. Smearlge

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Moody
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Speed

• Spore
  • Ingrain
  • King’s Shield
  • Baton Pass
    Set Notes: Fairly basic set up. You use Smeargle to set up Ingrain and also possibly sleep opponents to switch with Baton Pass.
2. Mew

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Calm/Careful Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def

• Barrier
  • Amnesia
  • Roost/Soft Boiled / Defog
  • Baton Pass
    Set Notes: Mew can be a great Baton Passer as it gets access to every TM and HM in the game. With Mew, you can set up Amnesia or Barrier to up its Defenses. Roost/Soft-Boiled do the same and can heal Mew after switching in, while Defog can be good at removing entry hazards.
3. Delta Gorebyss

Delta Gorebyss @ White Herb
Ability: Marvel Scale
Calm Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpD / 252 Speed

• Shell Smash
  • Coil
  • Moonlight / Iron Defense
  • Baton Pass

This set revolves around Shell Smash. Shell Smash gives D. Gorebyss massive attack, special attack, and speed that can be Baton Passed to another user. White Herb is used to get rid of the decreased Defense and Speed Defense that Shell Smash provides.

4. Espeon

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Bold Nature
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

• Stored Power
  • Calm Mind
  • Dazzling Gleam
  • Baton Pass
    Set Notes: Magic Bounce is useful to switch into early on to pass along its effects (EVs placed in defenses for this switch in). Later you can use Espeon as a sweeper with the increased attack and speed boosts.
5. Delta Emolga

Delta Emolga @ Focus Sash?
Ability: Blaze Boost
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Speed

• Flamethrower / Fire Blast
  • Dark Pulse
  • Hidden Power Ground
  • Baton Pass
    Set Notes: Blaze Boost, Blaze Boost, and Blaze Boost. Using Flamethrower will allow D. Emolga to get a boost, and switch out with Baton Pass. Also, Taunt could be used on this set to stop status moves, and Will-O-Wisp is a possibility, and Nasty Plot can be used as well.
Mega D. Froslass

D. Froslass @ Mega D. Froslassite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature

• Flamethrower / Flame Blast
  • Shadow Ball
  • Earth Power
  • Baton Pass

Other Viable Pokemon:

D. Blaziken

Delta Blaziken @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

• Swords Dance
  • Roost
  • Brave Bird
  • Baton Pass
    Set Notes: Classic bird spam set up, use sd then roost or simply sweep with Brave Bird.

Also a Special Option utilizing special attacks.

Delta Blaziken @ Life Orb?
Ability: Gale Wings
Timid Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed

• Stored Power
  • Hurricane / Earth Power?
  • Cosmic Power
  • Baton Pass

Could use Roost if you don’t use it on Mew.

Too lazy to write anymore, but Zapdos could definitely be used because of its defog support as well.

In addition, there are definitely other megas you can use, like D. Medicham with Athenian and D. Lopunny which has terrifying base stats.

Let me know what you think of the analysis.

Why King’s Shield on Smeargle? You could run Quiver Dance or something else. And tbh, Mew is Taunt bait, as it Delta Gorebyss. Try giving every mon at least 1 attacking move.

For Smeargle you’re right it would make more sense. For D. Gorebyss I can replace the last move with Moonblast and for Mew is it possible to use a Mental Herb?

Yeah, that works, but then you just get taunted again.

1 Like

Yeah I get that but after you use one of the status moves couldn’t you switch out with baton pass to an attacker? (i would have to change ivs to speed though obviously)

Nah, cuz the next mon would be taunted cuz passing into Espeon constantly isn’t ideal. You need something that would allow you to stop Taunts, try Magic Coat or an Oblivious mon if you don’t want to put attacking moves. You could just go Cosmic Power+Psychic on Mew.

1 Like

alright. thanks!