Any tips on how to build a good team?

Hey guys. First time poster here. So a few days ago I started playing Pokemon Insurgence, and I’ve heard that the game can get pretty rough due to its competitive gameplay. Is there anything I should know about building a team that can at least last me through the main plot? (Currently on Route 2 btw)

My current team is as follows:

1. Eevee (starter)
  2. Nidorino
  3. Ponyta
  4. Drilbur

Should I stick with this team, or does anyone need to go? Or is there any good Pokemon I can add to the team?

I would recommend keeping the drilbur and eevee because excadrill can almost ohko anything and mega eevee is just way too good. I think getting rid of the other two would be good and replacing them with something like an axew(obtainable in suntouched city, since you r new you should know)
An haxorus is very good and beedrill(trust me it’s way too good I sweeped the second gym with it)
But it all narrows down to your opinion. If you are playing on easy just use what you like for normal I would recommend the above mons. But it just really your choice. I defeated the E4, champion with this team.

team

1.eevee(mega)
2.excadrill
3.Beedrill(mega)
4.Typholsion(mega)
5.delta Roserade
6.mew

Thanks for replying. By the way, I’m at Suntouched City right now and I can’t seem to find the Axew you mentioned. Where can I find it?

You can find Axew through the Broadcast Tower, which is on the upper level of the city.