Announcing the Insurgence Launcher

The framework the launcher is written on is unavailable for Mac, besides this Mac requires a completely different approach to downloading and launching the game. Therefore there is no Mac launcher available.

How does it effect the game if you downloaded the launcher if you have the already working game

It doesn’t, it will download it in a different location and then run it from there.

if i have the seperately downloaded version can i put my saves into the launcher version?

Saves carry over anyhow, as they are stored in a separate folder

My anti-spyware software is convinced the launcher is trying to install something literally called ‘Trojan.win32.generic’, and deletes the entire launcher mid-install. Can you please name your core files something that doesn’t scream Virus = very yes? The launcher seems far more convenient than trying to install this myself and praying I can keep my save when I update.

The launcher, nor the game does not come with a file with that name.

Had suze set up something like https://p-insurgence.com/releases/releases.json before, I could have had something like this (even with Mac support) months ago.

thats cool.

1 Like

This is perfect timing since I lost my game save file, had to start over and later the game kept crashing due to missing files but when I downloaded the launcher it fixed it right up and got back my old files with no problems!

The launcher is so much easier, I love it!

1 Like

My launcher stopped downloading almost complete - saying it would restart the download due to unstable internet connection. However, it did not Resume. It’s just stuck, almost complete, but not quite there. Is there something I can do to resume the download without losing all the progress, as it literally took over an hour to download probably 90% of it.

damn right

how do I update to 1.17

Uhh, not trying to put down this game or anything like yeah it looks fun but, why is it that when I try to download it, it gives me PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic? (VIRUS…) :disappointed:

The file doesn’t come along with any viruses. Check your computer downloads and browsers apps, since you might installed something before and got your computer/browser running with viruses.

there should really be a cancel update/download button… i started an update and now i cant play one of my other games due to downloading lag

Wait, you have a working Mac version, or am I misunderstanding that?

Getting the following error : http://imgur.com/a/iXZBU. I want to download the mystery gift, but cant do it even if i download the core. Any help?