Analyzing Mega Jirachi

Pretty interesting ability definitely makes it an Uber. Let’s get right into the analysis.

Typing: Steel/Psychic - Pretty great overall. Although it is weak to Ground, Ghost, Fire and Dark, it gets an Immunity to Poison and a resistance to Normal, Flying, Rock, Steel, Grass, Dragon, Fairy, and a double resistance to Psychic.

Ability: Periodic Orbit: When Doom Desire, Future Sight, and Wish are used they activate twice. Phenomenal ability overall.

Base Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: 100
Def: 100 (140)
SpA: 100 (130)
SpD: 100 (115)
Speed: 100 (115)
Pretty great stats overall. It has good bulk in 100/140/115 coupled with a great defensive typing that makes it a big threat. It also has good attacks and Speed in 100/130/115.

Movepool: Not great, but it gets what it needs.

For special moves it gets Future Sight, Doom Desire, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, Ancient Power and Dazzling Gleam. Also has U-turn.

For status moves it gets Calm Mind, Wish, Cosmic Power, Healing Wish, Substitute, and Stealth Rocks.

Now, let’s get into the sets!

Future Desire

JIrachi @ Jirachite
Ability: Periodic Orbit
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def

• Wish
  • Future Sight
  • Doom Desire
  • Calm Mind
    Set Notes: Right away start off by using Wish, then Calm Mind right after. Then you are free to set up boosted Future Sights and Doom Desires, and Calm Mind in between so the damage is boosted.
Fututurn

Jirachi @ Jicharite
Ability: Periodic Orbit
Timid / Modest Nature
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spd

• Future Sight
  • Doom Desire
  • Thunderbolt / Energy Ball
  • U-turn
    Set Notes: I’m pretty sure Future Sight and Doom Desire still work if your Pokemon is switched out. So basically use Future Sight or Doom Desire, then use U-turn to switch out.
Other Options

I think a defensive set could be used to set Stealth Rocks, or spread status with Thunder Wave. Healing Wish could also be used to heal a Pokemon that has a bad status condition, is low on health, or can work on a Pokemon that has a Focus Sash or Sturdy.

I’m not sure if my set was that good, so let me know if you can think of anything else. Thank you!

2 Likes