Analyzing Delta Blaziken

One of my personal favorite pokemon to use overall. Let’s get right into it!

Typing: Psychic/Flying: Decent, not exactly strong but not weak either; it is weak to Rock, Ghost, Electric, Ice, and Dark (not rlly prevalent types), while being immune to Ground, double resistant to Fighting, and resistant to Grass and Psychic.

Base Stats:
Pretty bad bulk overall, in 80/70/70. Its attacks are pretty good in 120/110, and its Speed is just decent at 80.

Ability: Gale Wings: Gives priority to Flying type moves. AMAZING ability, think gen 6 Talonflame. With its great attack stats, it makes it very viable.

Moves: Physical attack wise, it is fantastic. It gets Brave Bird (180 BP WITH priority) and Zen Headbutt for STAB, and Earthquake, Superpower / Drain Punch, Blaze Kick, and Knock Off for coverage which are all great moves. Special attack wise, it’s great as well. It gets Hurricane / Air Slash, and Psyshock / Psychic for STAB. For coverage, it gets Earth Power, Flamethrower / Overheat, Ancient Power, Focus Blast, and Energy Ball. Status wise, it gets Cosmic Power, Will-O-Wisp, Defog, Tailwind, and Roost (which also get priority), Baton Pass, and Trick Room. WOW thats a lot… let’s get into the sets.

BandBird

Delta Blaziken @Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Nature: Adamant / Jolly Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

• Brave Bird
  • Earthquake
  • U-turn
  • Superpower / Knock Off
    Set Notes: Really 90% of the time you will use Brave Bird on almost all targets. Banded, it gets 270 base power with priority and a high attack stat. Banded U-turn or Superpower hit hard as well.
BlazeSpecs

Delta Blaziken @ Choice Specs
Ability: Gale Wings
Nature: Modest / Timid Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spd

• Hurricane / Air Slash
  • Earth Power
  • Focus Blast
  • Ancient Power
    Set Notes: This set runs well in the Rain with Hurricane. Other moves can be substituted with Overheat and Energy Ball based on your teams needs.
Other Options

Other sets can be used without Choice Band and Specs can use a Life Orb with a variety of attacks and possibly Defog / Roost. Also, a Trick Room sweeper and a Baton Passer can be used (with Cosmic Power and Stored Power). There are a bunch of other ideas that are somewhat viable as well.

If you think there’s room for improvement in the sets or I am leaving something out, let me know! Hope you enjoy.