Analyzing Delta Ambipom

Had an idea for a Technician Delta Ambipom. Lmk your suggestions on moves or criticism.

Typing: Ghost/Normal - Great typing overall! It is weak to Dark, but it is resistant to Poison and Bug, while being Immune to Normal, Ghost, and Fighting which is great. Also hits like everything neutrally.

Base Stats:
HP : 75
Atk: 100
Def: 66
SpA: 60
SpD: 66
Spd: 115
Overall, pretty bad distribution in terms of Defense with 75/66/66. However, its offense is good with 100 Atk and 115 speed meaning it outspeeds most of the unboosted metagame.

Abilities:

1. Technician - Powers up moves by 50% with a base power of 60 or lower. This is really good for moves like Fake Out, Double Hit, and Shadow Punch.
  2. Cursed Body - If hit by a damaging move, there is a 30% chance that the move they used will be disabled. Can be really good as disabling a move is never a bad thing.
  3. Infiltrator - Bypasses the effects of Screens and Substitutes. It overall isn’t that good in my opinion.

Movepool:

For physical moves, it gets a ton of things. It has Fake Out, Double Hit, Return and Achilles Heel. It also gets Shadow Punch and Shadow Claw. Outside of STAB, it gets Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Dual Chop, Power-Up Punch/Brick Break/Drain Punch, Aerial Ace, Knock Off, and Sucker Punch. It also gets U-turn which is great for momentum.

For status moves, it gets a ton as well. It gets Screech, Memento, Destiny Bond, Will-O-Wisp, Thunder Wave, and Toxic. Screech could be good with a priority move after and Memento is good to shut down a Pokemon that just set up.

Standard Set

Delta Ambipom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Shadow Punch
-Achiles Heel
-Fake Out
-U-Turn/Destiny Bond/Power Up Punch
Set Notes: Start with Fake Out, then use either of the STABs to deal neutral damage. It can also be good with U-turn, Power Up Punch, and could be Destiny Bond.

Cursed Coverage

Delta Ambipom @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature

• Fake Out
  • Achilles Heel
  • Shadow Claw
  • Drain Punch
Other Options

Just gonna list some thoughts:

• Aerial Ace with Techncian could be good (or Acrobatics w/ no items)
  • Dual Chop can be used with Technician
  • Will-O-Wisp or other status moves listed above are great to prevent Pokemon from setting up

Honestly I thought my sets aren’t that great or the Pokemon just isn’t as good as I described due to paper thin defenses. Let me know what you think.

1 Like

Might want to take another look at the ability you typed out. Also, there’s practically no need for coverage when using achilles heel. Standard set should be fake out, shadow punch, achilles heel, and then destiny bond/powerup punch/drain punch. Focus sash for the item would probably be the most preferable

1 Like

I would say:

Delta Ambipom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Shadow Punch
-Achiles Heel
-Fake Out
-U-Turn/Destiny Bond/Power Up Punch

Still have no idea where you got that Drizzle from.

2 Likes