A problem with game controlls

Hi! o/ Today I decided to finally play this game, so I found it, downlowaded, first as zip file, now with launcher. Anyway, long story short: the problem is that my keys doesn’t work. I can start the game, I can scroll through main menu with keys, but when I’m inside the options, I can do nothing. I hear the sound of moving cursor, but it just blink and stays in the same position. I can change speed of text, but I can’t select and change options that are lower in the menu. Same, when I start the game, and for example the game asks me which type of story I want (dark or light ver.) I can’t choose between them, because my cursor doesn’t move. I can just click enter to proceed. I also tried to check the keybinds, and when I accidentally changed the arrow for down, it looked like the game reads my keyboard randomly, like, I click C, the game reads R. Anyone had this? Anyone knows what to do? Also, I hope it’s a good place to ask such question :F Thanks for your time~

Are you on Mac or Windows? (I’m assuming windows cause you said launcher) Have you tried reinstalling?

Your cursor doesn’t do anything, you must continue text boxes with the corresponding key. The only time the mouse is used is to select a challenge if you wish. You also most likely bound interact to R. As the game says, you must remember your key binds as the game refers to them by their default.

By cursor I mean the one in the game you move with your keyboard. I figured out that my mouse won’t work here. And right now the keybinds are default, since I yes, tried to reinstall the game, actually twice right now, one through the launcher option to repair the game, second time by totally deleting it and downloading again. Maybe I will just go through everything to the actuall game and see what happen…

Edit: Now I can’t start the game, cause it says that my save file is corrupted or incompatible with the game version, please reinstall. Reinstalling again :F Starting to feel like the Universe itself tells me to not play xd

Edit 2: Reinstall does shit, still can’t start the game properly now, and I can’t choose to just delete my save and start fresh, cause I can’t move my cursor due to the first problem :F

Edit 3: IT WORKS! I don’t know why, I don’t know how, reinstalled the game four times, starting around five, and now it works like a charm :F So, thanks for replies, I guess.

Edit 4: I think I know what is happening. From time to time, a little green icon is appearing on the left right side of the game window, and that’s where the problem occurs. For example now everything was working until the moment of entering the name, when the game wrote “hphphphphp” and I couldn’t change it, just proceed further with that name, or try again, with same effect, but this time the green icon appears. I assume this icon means that the game is in speed mode I read about around here? So it looks like the game activated it on it’s own? How to deal with that?

Is it just the game which is randomly reading keys? As in are your keys working fine everywhere else?

Yeah, it’s only the game. Checked a few times with OF writer and Google Chrome. As I said, at the same time the game works faster, like on turbo mode. Sometimes it doesn’t to the moment of writing name.

Usually people encountered your issue but for a single key(including arrow/scrolling keys), it’s an issue with the keyboard buffer memory. Disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard and then restarting pc is the solution for that, try it?

That’s the only solution that I can suggest.