8th Gym Crash -Please Help-

So I was playing the game and progressing through so on and so forth, I made it to the 8th gym and before the battle began my game experienced a crash. The script was hanging and it said if the error occurred during a battle it was because my computer could not handle the animated sprites and to revert back to the static sprites. However, as far as I am aware, I am not using animated sprites. But, when I reopened the game the battle began completely normal and I was able to go through the battle and defeat the final gym leader and the dialogue after went completely fine. As soon as the dialogue finished the game crashed again, and now every time I start it up it just gets the same script is hanging crash. I’ve looked around trying to find a fix or anything but I haven’t found anything and I really don’t understand why it’s doing this. I’m currently redownloading the game to see if that helps the issue but I honestly doubt it will. If anyone knows any fixes or anything that could help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Are you connected to the internet when you challenge him? Also are you on 1.2.3?

I also experienced this error and have no way of playing the game either!please help me!

Make sure you’re connected to the internet. If you double check and crash again, show us the error log.

thank you so much!