1.2.3 to 1.2.5 question

(Hi! Sorry this is a kind of long question)
So I’ve played Insurgence twice now, once in 2018 (version 1.2.3), and once this year (also version 1.2.3). When I was going to start my 2020 game, I noticed that the 2018 save file was gone, but I didn’t think much of it so I just created a new save file and started playing.

But then I realized that I was playing 1.2.3, and not 1.2.5, so I downloaded it. Here’s the problem: when I downloaded 1.2.5, the save file that came up was my 2018 version (which I thought was lost since it’s not anywhere in my 1.2.3 launcher) and not my 2020 version.

So, would it be possible for me to somehow transfer my 2020 game to 1.2.5 while still keeping my 2018 version too? Or will I have to do some weird overriding stuff?

Thanks and let me know if you need me to clarify!

the launcher is outdated and shouldn’t be used. did you start both games from the launcher?

Yeah I started the 2018 one from the 1.2.3 launcher and the 2020 one from the 1.2.5 launcher

1.2.5 doesn’t have a launcher. when running the game you should only run it from the .exe file in the extracted folder. it sounds like the launcher moved your saves somehow, and as it’s not supported, i don’t think there’s many people that know how to fix it.