Tons of BUGS. Game unplayable at times

Info: OS X El Capitan. Pokemon Insurgence 1.1.8

1. Crash: Blacking out to a wild Pokémon causes game to crash http://imgur.com/a/daq5Z

2. In the Darkrai cult base. Asking Mew to transform you doesn’t actually change your character model (although the fingerprint things do work). Also, when I go to my trainer in the start menu, he’s bald!

3. Map shows nothing. Whether I’m in a Pokémon Center, or looking through my PokéGear.

The black out crash has happened to my 5 times now. Makes me want to go back to Zeta :frowning:

I run on Mac as well, but I have had no problems, you might be missing some files, try deleting insurgence and re-installing it.

That would be weird. I just got it today. What version are you playing on? I can’t find the latest version for El Capitan.

The latest core you can download is 1.1.8 for Mac, but you can update to 1.1.8.2 which is what I’m playing on. Your internet might have screwed up while it was downloading and made you miss some files.

Could you give me a link to the Town Map :world_map: texture?

I’m not sure what you mean, are you talking about the pictures for the region map, or the .xcf file? https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3CfC0e1lYwDSm9FU0dCNy1ENG8?usp=sharing That is both files, but I don’t know if they are what you wanted, and with so many bugs it is probably best to just redownload the whole game. I’ll post a video on updating to 1.1.8.2 on mac shortly.

I took your advice and reinstalled the game. SAME issue. I also updated to 1.1.8.2 and it didn’t fix the problem.

You are downloading the 1.1.8 core?

Yes. Here is a gif describing it https://d17oy1vhnax1f7.cloudfront.net/items/3V2l3L2m0K2824410z20/Screen%20Recording%202016-08-20%20at%2007.46%20PM.gif

ok, I am just going to tell you what my game is and see if maybe its soemthing with the 1.1.8 core :confused:

Download the 1.1.7 core, Update to 1.1.8 with the merging patch ( if you don’t know how to merge on OSX just do a quick google search.) and then update the Game.rgssad with the 1.1.8.2 patch. That is how my game was/is setup and I don’t have any problems, I never downloaded the 1.1.8 core so I guess there might be a slim chance something is wrong with that core. Don’t forget to delete the 1.1.8 core(s) so you don’t waste hard drive space.

I made a video of it being set up, https://youtu.be/WbX6UuEdDHw I did check afterwards to see if my maps and stuff work and it all works fine, hopefully it will fix it for you.

Why is there a 1.1.8 Mac Core, but not a 1.1.7 (fixed) Mac core (which by the way, fixes an issue where the MAP WOULD NOT DISPLAY) [Hotfix] Reuploaded 1.1.7 Core

Who knows, does the way i set it up in the video fix your problem though? It should.

Still downloading

Ok, when it finishes just post if it worked or not, now im curious about this 1.1.8 core being bugged. Oh and for the 1.1.8 merging, when I drag the Graphics folder and game.rgs file you have to hold option down in order for it to merge if you don’t already know.

1 Like

It worked! (I already new how to merge files, but) starting from 1.1.7 and working my way up to 1.1.8.2 fixed the town map problem. I wanted to tell you this about 20 hours ago, but apparently there’s a limit to how many posts you can make on your first day.

I will come back later to see if my other problems are fixed.

Thats great, I think it might be because as you said there is a 1.1.7fixed for windows, but not mac and when they made the 1.1.8 core they forgot to fix it, but it is fixed in the merging patch because that is also for windows.

1 Like

That makes sense! @thesuzerain please read. Very easy fix.

Please report things in the bug tracker and not in the forum and don’t tag me on the forum because I get it on my phone.

1. Crashing when you black out might be caused because you use Speed Up while you black out.

2. & 3. should both fix if you download 1.1.8.2.

If 3. doesn’t get fixed:

Name: mapRegion0.png
Save in: C > Program files > Graphics > Pictures