[Possible Bug] Hair Popping Off Character Sprite

What were you using for the download (core, patch, launcher) ? and what system are you using (windows, mac)?

I used the launcher as the site said so and I have Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

I have noticed this too, I just thought it was my laptop being silly again haha

1 Like

As I can see from your submitted video, the graphics for the character is not complete. It might have been due to incomplete download and installing.
Try to either re-download the game a new again from the launcher, or use the Core file download if that didn’t work and check again.

Ah ok. I left it to download overnight. All seemed fine in the morning but as I wasn’t watching it might have missed something. Derpy connection or computer had an issue or something. I will give that a go.

So I just gave it another shot with the launcher and the issue is still happening.

Just gave the Raw Full Download a Try and same issue.

I ran tests myself on each, works completely fine on my end. So I can’t really think of anything other than incomplete download and installing.
Try to download this >File< and extract it into the Graphics folder of the game Characters, and see if it works probably or not this time.

Gave it a shot, noticed the folder has a bunch of files named things like 001.png despite extracting and downloading that what appears to be successfully it was still happening.

Can you post me a screenshot of the characters folder I gave you after you extract it on your computer separately (a screenshot for each folder within it too)?

Sorry for the delay. Here’s the folder structure for the download you gave extracted onto my computer. I thought imgur might be the best way of sharing a mass chunk of screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/oJsjk

The files seems fine to me :confused:
Make sure to compare them both, as in this folder with the game folder containing the same files.
The Launcher saves the game folder in the Programs Files (x86) directory by default, unless you did change it.

Yeah I looked them over before. They seem to be right. I did change the location. Put it on my D drive but I can confirm they’re in the correct location.

Hummm no idea what’s causing it then, as in your game seems to load the graphics files in a weird way…
You can do these things:

• Try playing the game as an Admin.
  • Check if your computer drivers are updated.
  • Add the game to the data execution prevention (not sure if it is related).
    Other than that, I have no idea what would be causing it.

Well I just checked and admin doesn’t seem to help, nor data execution prevention. My graphics driver was a couple of months out of date but even after updating it no change. I checked whether the inbuilt chipset vs my dedicated card might have made the difference as well but no go there wither. Since it seems more likely to be my system and not the game it seems appropriate to include a dxdiag file on my system. Maybe someone smarter can figure out the issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujsj15fas0ce7ge/System_DxDiag.txt?dl=0

So a friend suggested I get hair dye and try it as a fix. Strangely enough it worked so now the hair if perfectly fine O_o I’m glad the hair is fine now just don’t know why it derped in the first place.

Oh god, that’s kinda funny as a fix. Thanks for sharing

Yep it is. No problem. Yeah figured at least it might help someone else. :slight_smile:

I used a hair dye and got the glitch, before i used a dye it was perfectly fine so what do I do??

Don’t necro dead posts