Is it possible to swap out saved games in 1 slot?

Basically what I’m asking is if there’s a way to have more than 3 saved games.

Say I wanted to have new save data in slot 3, but I already have a saved game in slot 3 that I want to keep. Is there a way to transfer that save data to a separate folder so that I can still keep it (say for if I ever wanted to re-open it if I put it back into the folder that has the 3 save files), then make a new saved game in slot 3? If so, is it possible to interchange those save files so if, for example, I had a nuzlocke save in one and a monotype run in another, I could replace the files for the monotype run with the nuzlocke to play that saved game instead of the monotype run, but still keep the data for the monotype run elsewhere (in a folder somewhere else on my computer, for example)?

Thanks!

well, you can do it, but it could get hard to keep track of. for example if you had say 5 saved games, you might accidently replace a one you didnt mean to and the you lose it. but yeah you can def do it

1 Like

tho im not entirely sure if its allowed cuz i think could be classified as duping save files

great! thanks! I just wanted to swap out my completed randomized nuzlocke with a new challenge run (likely a mono-rock run). out of curiosity, would you happen to know how to swap them out? I’m assuming one would move these files that are in the red bracket, but I’m not really sure.

the “Game” file (so Game.rxdata , Game_1.rxdata and Game_2.rxdata) are your 1st 2nd and 3rd saved games respectively. the backups are, well, backups incase the “game” gets corrupted. this post shows how to load your backups

you would move the game files to swap in your new one, in this case a mono run.

awesome! thank you so much!

how i assume you would swap em is by moving/copying the save you are to replace to a new folder and then replacing it with the new save.

in case your afraid you might lose all your saves, you can always copy all you savefile inculding backups and keep hem in a seperate folder, just in case something goes wrong @smushedtomato

np