Going from 1.1.7 to patch 1.1.8.2?

When I tried to attempt the process myself my computer crashed so I obviously did something wrong. I know the developer said he wasn’t going to help but I was wondering if any of you forum readers could help me? If you’re wondering why I don’t just get the core like the developer said it’s due to me not wanting to lose my progress (not at the end yet but close).

Very big fan of this game, but trapped and need help.

Windows or mac

Just download the new core if you’re using Windows.Even the core is changed 8888 times, your progress will not be overwritten because it is located elsewhere.

1 Like

Save file location from the FAQ:

[quote]PC:

C:\Users(your name)\Saved Games\Pokemon Insurgence (or whatever appropriate game you’re playing)

If you are on Windows XP and cannot locate the above folder, the folder should just be the folder with your Game.exe and the rest of the files.

Mac:

Right click the app, Show Package Contents, drive_c, Program Files, Pokemon Insurgence (or whatever appropriate game you’re playing)

In both cases, it is the Game.rxdata file. You can create backups of it, or copy and paste it to a different computer to continue your game.[/quote]

Like Kuzunoha said, if you’re on windows(you’ll have to confirm the location if you’re on XP), you can download the core and not worry about your progress. If you’re on a Mac, you’ll need to move your save(s) over from your old core to your new one(which has also been mentioned in the download post :stuck_out_tongue:).

Though I’m curious why just copying, replacing and merging some files or folders caused your computer to crash.

Edit: Could you expand upon what you were doing before the crash?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I am Windows but not XP so it looks like I can just get a new core. As for what I was doing I tried moving the patch into the 1.1.7 folder and my computer didn’t like that. It started the process but then froze, leaving me to force log off. I’ll try the new core out and see if it works