Egglocke Errors :(

So, this has been a problem for me for a long while. I stopped playing Insurgence for a long time after getting as far as I could in like, version 1.1.3 is what I would guess, it’s just been a long time since I’ve played. So then I start playing it again, about a month or two ago I tried playing it. And so I started generating eggs for my egglocke (since that was my favorite challenge to do) and then when I tried choosing my custom text file to use for my egglocke, I got this error: http://imgur.com/a/0ck1y . I looked around for a solution, and realized that I was missing my Data folder, so I downloaded the data folder and dragged it in. But then I got a completely different error. When I tried to run my custom egg file, it loaded for a good 7 seconds before the mouse turned into a spinning wheel, and when I clicked on it once it froze and went into ‘Not Responding’ mode. Then it went back to normal and it said, http://imgur.com/a/3BNF3 . And now I’m stuck with this problem. I need help pls ;; I’ve tried playing earlier versions but the links to 1.1.6 and earlier dont seem to work anymore…

It is a problem with your custom eggs file, it is either corrupted or the eggs you generate in it are missing stuff.

I’ve got an issue with my egg folder as well. I tried to start an egg run after making the eggs I wanted then I got some kind of Script “Interpreter” RuntimeError. Any ideas??

How do I fix this corruption problem then? ;; I know for sure none of my eggs are missing anything, so what do I do? Because it only happens when trying to load any custom file I put in there. Randomly generating them works just fine, and even when I tried using a community egglocke file it didn’t work…any ideas?

Make sure when making eggs to select everything even if the thing you want is preset.

Yeah I do that. I figured just to be extra safe I close out of the egg generator (back to the screen that says ‘Generate Egg’ or 'Exit) before going back to the generator to make my eggs and make sure nothing is wrong. I’m still having this problem, though…perhaps I should just wait until next update, huh? Repairing my installation via launcher doesn’t seem to do anything either (even though I simply downloaded the core and I don’t know if that did anything for me or not)…

You can always try the “Random” option since it works for you.
Though, this community file works with my game just fine:

Yeah I’ve decided to do a Randomizer since it’s all I can do in terms of Egglockes. None of the custom files work for me at all, though. Not the Community file, not any of the ones I make, none of them.

I’ve got the same error. I was excited about the egglocke challenge since I always have a specific team I like to use. If I can’t do the custom egglocke I won’t be able to use it. So we’ll just have to wait for an update?? What are the odds of getting all the pokemon you want in a randomly generated file, if anyone knows the answer to that haha?

I think we found the solution to this problem here

@SoulfulYin tried that already but it didn’t work for them.

But did they make sure there wasn’t a data folder within a data folder? the script may not be able to access eggEmerald.dat because it expects to find that file in the first data folder.

Well that I’m not sure. :slight_smile:

I have the same issue. No custom files work at all and eventually give the message of the script taking too long. I’ve tried all of the other solutions for egglocke issues, such as making sure I have a Data folder, but nothing has fixed it or even given a different error.

I’m not sure what you mean by a ‘data folder within a data folder’, unless it means the obvious. In which case, no, there is not another data folder within my data folder. But, and I’m not even sure this will be relevent, but every folder I have has a ‘.DS_Store’ file in it. Does that change anything? Also this is what my data folder looks like: http://imgur.com/a/kp7za

If the issue is the script taking too long, then some of your eggs are probably invalid. I recommend testing your eggs in chunks and weeding out or changing the bad ones (I heard that some abilities don’t work right, so you could try changing those and/or the moveset) If you’re willing, You could send the file to me and I could go through it.

You’d do that for me? ;v; Shucks dude, that’s like, super nice of you…! But, uh, if you’re really willing to go through with this, how would I even go about sendin’ it to you? Via PM or something?

If you can pm the file, sure. Otherwise let me know and I’ll pm my email for you.

Golly, man, that’s really nice of you! But I don’t think I’m able to PM .txt files. Unless you mean the folder itself. In which case I’ll give it a shot, but uh, I don’t know how to PM really…! I’m kinda new to these forums ;v;

For everyone else experiencing issues, remember: You can’t use mystery gift pokemon for eggs. Make sure you fill every move slot on your eggs, otherwise you’ll end up with a glitched slot that cannot replaced with another move. Even if it looks weird, putting the same move in all slots will at least fix this(there doesn’t seem to be a value representing an empty move slot). Also, beware using your pc. If you try to place a pokemon in any empty space in your first 20 boxes it may crash your game. If you have a full party and catch another pokemon and it gets transferred to one of those 20 boxes, you will probably have to use an egg token to switch it out( I haven’t tested this). Be sure to move your cursor to one of the last 4 boxes(21-24) in your pc if you plan on catching things.