When exactly do dusk balls become more effective?

I know that they become more effective in caves/at night, but when exactly is it considered ‘night’, 8pm,
9pm, later, earlier?

You should just probably try them reaaaaly late, or in caves, outside from those cases they’re useless

Thank you, but I was already aware of that, I’m asking when does the night time side activate, as in a time frame for when it is actually considered night by the game

1 Like

I’ve seen multiple posts saying that dusk balls are effective btwn 8pm and 4am in the official games, so it’s likely the same for insurgence (i mean it’s around the time the visuals turn to night in the game)

Ik you didn’t directly ask for this but here’s a chart of the catch rate for different balls, including dusk balls, depending on circumstance (in the official games):
https://www.thonky.com/pokemon/best-pokeball-catch/giratina

hope that helps ^w^

Thank you very much! this is gonna be really useful!

1 Like

Oh, btw, do you know if dusk balls are still effective if you have always day turned on?

No problemo!
Sorry I’ve never used always day, so I don’t know for certain, but I don’t think they do?

fair enough, thanks mate!

1 Like

The wiki says that the Always Day setting is purely visual, and that in-game events or evolutions that are dependent on night will still happen. I’d assume dusk balls work as well, but I can’t confirm for sure.

cheers mate

Kind of piggybacking off of this, but does anybody know if dusk balls are effective when New Moon is active?

I don’t think so, but I haven’t tried.

This question was asked before, and one person said it didn’t work.

Unfortunately, the wiki doesn’t say anything about it, so I can’t be for certain:

Ah okay. I checked the wiki too and couldn’t find anything. Thanks!