[Tournament] Death Challenge [Round 2 Posted]

Last year, King Suzerain died, leaving the Torren Region in chaos. 16 warlords fought to take the throne. Brutal battles were fought, but in a time without advanced healing technology, any Pokemon defeated in battle was left dead or unable to fight ever again.

Tournament Rules

This tournament follows standard OU rules, with the twist that if your Pokemon faints, you cannot use it for the rest of the tournament.

http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/ou/

Unreleased clause is not on, so unreleased Pokemon and items may be used.

Battles will be done in a standard bracket format.

Replays must be posted, even if I watch the battle. This is to make it easier for me to record deaths. Tagging me when posting replays would make it much easier to keep the tournament organized.

If you want to drop out, you can choose someone to substitute for you. They will receive the prizes from the tournament. I don’t like choosing winners randomly, but I will if you take too long. I will probably extend deadlines if you really can’t, but there are no guarantees. This is the first time I have hosted a tournament and I have no idea how to effectively enforce deadlines while still being fair to competitors.

Prizes

1st Place: 8 IV stones, 4 PP Ups, 2 Starter Megastones, or a 6 obtainable competitive Pokemon

2nd Place: 4 IV stones, 2 PP Ups, 1 Starter Megastone, or 3 obtainable competitive Pokemon

3rd Place: 2 IV stones or 1 PP Up

4th Place: 1 IV stone

5th - 16th Place: Pls I’m poor okay

Competitors Borosepheles

Dead

Garchomp Delta Venusaur Scizor Klefki Azumarill Ferrothorn Delta Roserade Zoroark Bisharp Delta Charizard

SupWova

Dead

Tyranitar Breloom Magnezone

Cheese555 Withdrew

Dead

None

HETMANP Withdrew

Dead

None

Cow538 Eliminated

Dead

None

MeowCat

Dead

None

pokemonerd25

Dead

None

Eddroms Disqualified- Wasn’t on for way too long

Dead

None

Atinverd Eliminated

Dead

None

Costa

Dead

Raikou Latios Bisharp

CaptainAbsol

Dead

None

Juandi76

Dead

Metagross Manaphy Keldeo

These are the battles that have been completed so far. Competitors are allowed to watch replays.

Completed Battles

Round 1 Borosepheles vs Cow538

Round 2 Borosepheles vs Atinverd

Tournament was reduced to 12 players.

The deadline for completing your battles is March 4th

3 Likes

I’ll join.

I volunteer as tribute!

1 Like

Darn no prizes for last place like cow rip

I’ll join anyway

EDIT: lol at first I thought you meant all three of us were dead :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ill join, if possible kk

1 Like

So will I!

1 Like

Can I join? Does it cost anything? If no them count me in!

1 Like

Entry is free. You are added.

To everyone participating, I would like to give you a song I will be using while battling. I feel like this song sets the tone of the atmosphere precisely: https://youtu.be/ubfu2aTXqCE

EDIT: minor spelling error.

1 Like

I’ll join. Do we use the same team throughout the tournament?

1 Like

No, you can use a different team for each battle. The only restrictions are that Pokemon that have fainted cannot be used, so you will probably have to change your team after every battle.

Can i join?

1 Like

I’ll join

1 Like

I’m 100% in. You can ping me on the discord most weeknights for a battle!

1 Like

Oh no simply found the thread! Everyone run!

1 Like

Rip gg simply

Ide join tbh, but I am banned on the discord btw.

1 Like

Do you think you can coordinate battles without Discord?

I mean PMs exist

Well if my opponent would send a friend request to me on discord I could make it work yeah. My discord is CaptainAsianEyes#4757

You can also just post it with my name if you like when ever you set up opponents.

1 Like