Been playing, really enjoying it so far - but I have some complete noob questions (I’ve actually never played a pokemon game before!)
- What happens when all your pokemon die? I got teleported back to the heal place, but did I lose anything, like money or experience or progress?
- What’s the best strategy to catch pokemon? I know that if they’re weaker that’s good, and if they are asleep that’s also good, but are there specific HP thresholds at which they’re easier to catch, or should I just go as low as possible? Also what’s the difference between the different types of pokeballs (specifically, what’s a premiere ball?)
- What’s a mystery gift? I saw it in the menu, clicked it, and it said something about picking up a gift from a deliveryman, but I have no idea where that is in game.
Thanks! I know these probably seem really obvious, but I just have never played a pokemon game before!
Hello, Don’t worry everyone startes somewhere.
- When all your pokemon faint the only thing you lose is a small percentage of your money.
- Best strat to catch pokemon would be to bring the wild pokemon’s HP down to red then paralize it or make it go to sleep (i prefer paralize because it never goes away while sllep only lasts a max of 5 turns). Also all balls have different effects and should say in the description but a basic rundown of the most common balls would be Pokeball (normal catch rate) Greatball (higher catch rate than pokeball) ultraball (Higher catch rate than the great ball) and masterball (100% catch rate) Other balls just have special effects like catching specific types such as water or bug (net ball) and the primere ball from personal experiance seems to work better on static encounters (encounters that you find when the pokemon is just standing still and you need to go talk to it).
- A mystery gift is just that, a gift that is a mystery, you need to connect to the internet but itys usally something like a rare pokemon or a rare item, also the delivery guy is in every pokemon center dressed in green and is male.
I hope this helped