Solo Run Help: The Sequel

Hi again! Finally got past Xavier with a fair amount of luck even after maxing out Kangaskhan’s EVs. My next impassable roadblock? Freaking Taen. His Machamp is only beatable if I crit with either Fake Out and/or Return (or Custom Move that’s a super effective type, but Return is technically still stronger), M. Stunfisk 2HKOs me with Tbolt, and I can’t 2HKO in return, and I honestly haven’t gotten past those two so I have no idea how difficult the others will be.

EDIT: Alright, maxed IVs and a Life Orb later, I (might) actually have a shot of winning this. Any strats I could use to make this less headache-inducing?

EDIT #2: Ugh. I have found out that I only beat M. Stunfisk if it doesn’t crit or use Tbolt/Earth Power. Kyurem is a giant pain in the butt with Roost, Sub, and Pressure. Pyroar is manageable, but likes burning things. Grumpig is honestly the only thing I’m not scared of on his team.

2 Likes

Get Bright powder if you even can at that point.

1 Like

Choice Band is an option as you’re really only gonna be clicking Return anyways. Fake Out is only useful for breaking Sashes.

Machamp

It is possible to OHKO Machamp with Choice Band, but unlikely, but it’s a 1/5 or 1/6 chance, so not that bad.
Lvl 45 252+ Atk Choice Band Kangaskhan Return vs. Lvl 44 0 HP / 4 Def Machamp: 127-151 (86.9 - 103.4%) – 18.8% chance to OHKO

Else you have to hit 2 Returns if it’s not max speed. I’m assuming offensive EV spread.

Even if it’s max Def, it 2HKOs.
Lvl 45 252+ Atk Choice Band Kangaskhan Return vs. Lvl 44 252 HP / 252 Def Machamp: 99-117 (56.8 - 67.2%) – guaranteed 2HKO

Kyurem

Lvl 45 252+ Atk Choice Band Kangaskhan Return vs. Lvl 44 56 HP / 0 Def Kyurem: 118-139 (64.4 - 75.9%) – guaranteed 2HKO

Lvl 45 252+ Atk Choice Band Kangaskhan Return vs. Lvl 44 56 HP / 0 Def Kyurem on a critical hit: 177-208 (96.7 - 113.6%) – 81.3% chance to OHKO

Stunfisk

Lvl 45 252+ Atk Choice Band Kangaskhan Return vs. Lvl 45 252 HP / 4 Def Stunfisk: 102-120 (52.3 - 61.5%) – guaranteed 2HKO

Lvl 45 252+ Atk Choice Band Kangaskhan Return vs. Lvl 45 252 HP / 4 Def Stunfisk on a critical hit: 153-180 (78.4 - 92.3%) – guaranteed 2HKO

Honestly, there’s a cheap luck based strat that is available now. It’s called Attract. You could run Attract, Leftovers, Protect, Return, and Fake Out, though I’m not sure how good that is, I think Fake Out, Return, Crunch, and Attract is less cheesy.

1 Like

That’s honestly pretty helpful, thanks! I don’t think I can get a Choice Band (only available in the Murk Forest shop), but I will pick up Attract from Samsara Cave and see if that helps.

EDIT: Holy crap. Finally beat him! Thanks for the help all. I 2HKO’d Machamp w/ FO/Return, had to juggle Hyper Potions for two turns before 2HKOing M. Stunfisk, Pyroar missed WoW TWICE, Kyurem actually freaking froze me, but I defrosted THE NEXT TURN and KO’d it. Grumpig was a joke.

1 Like