Softlock at Utira Town

After fighting Nora in Utira Town I noticed one of the NPCs phasing onto the walls and getting stuck on the library entrance. After the cutscene Damian attemps to enter the library and gets stuck (possibly due to the NPC at the dorrway) the game supposedly counts as if the cutscene is continuing but Damian is unable to enter the library. The result is me not being able to continue playing the game after a supposed softlock, as I had autosave on prior, pushing buttons doesn’t do anything (can’t open menu, dexnav, move etc. and only Toggling auosave and autorun works. The only solution I see is to start a new game and waste the 20h+ playtime. tl:dr:Game gets stuck at Utira Town Libray entrance and I can’t progress.

Anyone got any solutions?

Try reloading a backup save.

Save file location:

PC: C:\Users(your name)\Saved Games\Pokemon Insurgence (or whatever appropriate game you’re playing).

If you are on Windows XP and cannot locate the above folder, the folder should just be the folder with your Game.exe and the rest of the files. Mac: Right click the app, Show Package Contents, Drive_C, Users, (your name), Saved Games, Pokemon Insurgence (or whatever appropriate game you’re playing). In both cases, it is the Game.rxdata file.

You should find backup files there. Rename the current Game.rxdata to something else and rename the backup save to Game.rxdata. The first number in the backup file name represents which save slot it is from and the second represents how recent the backup is.

Because you toggled autosave several times, you may have to reload from one of the higher numbered backups. There is a chance that it’s just gone if you saved too many times.

Thanks man I’ll keep that in mind.