Should DP remakes be 2D or 3D (opinions)

I think the DP remakes should be 2D

3 Likes

No chances. Plus, I don’t think they should do it.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Gen 4. But I think The Pokémon Company/Game Freak would maybe want to soften the scenario. Looking at how easy these games have become, I am 100% sure Cynthia will become easy AF.

I am very much afraid these remakes would tarnish good memories I have with Gen 4. I think it is better to leave it to the pass.

3 Likes

If DP got a remake itd probably be 3d, plus people have been waiting for several years AND nintendo is aware if this. It probably wont get a remake.

1 Like

I think they should at least make a 2D pokemon game in the future though.

2 Likes

Sword and Shield were already being created when Sun/Moon released.

3 Likes

Just for you know, Nintendo own the Pokémon names and serves as distributors, the game développement is made by either Game Freak or The Pokémon Company. I cannot remember which one.

I think the pokemon company is just a smaller studio in game freak. also i said nintendo cause i think most youtubers just say nintendo and i guess i just don’t remember game freak a lot. XD

By this time they should stick with 3d, going back to 2d now is a poor move for them imho.

GF develops main games, TPC deals with merchandise, anime, etc.

Not really, TPC is a company even bigger than GF today. TPC, GF and Nintendo own each 1/3 of the franchise iirc.

2 Likes

oh thanks

It’s like when Google made Alphabet. They created their own boss (sort of)
It’s pretty common practice apparently (a studio where I worked for a while did the same)

2 Likes

Tbh I think nintendo should at least bring some of the older games to the nintendo switch online snes

1 Like

yes i do too especially virtual boy included with switch online