Rate this Pokémon Insurgence Team!

Hi everyone second post! :smile: This is the team I am planning to use against elite 4! I am right now only up to
Metchi town, so I haven’t caught some of these Pokémon. Is this team good? Oh, I’m also playing on easy!

D. Venusaur @ D. Venusaurite
Ability: Psycho Call
Quiet Nature

-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Moonblast
-Hypnosis (for catching Pokémon)

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature

-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Focus Blast
-Will O Wisp

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
Calm Nature

-Waterfall
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

Charizard @ Charcoal
Ability: Blaze
Lax Nature

-Air Slash
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Fly

D. Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat or Thick Fat

-Seed Bomb
-Bulk Up
-Earthquake
-Drain Punch

D. Gallade @ Focus Band
Ability: Volt Absorb

-Wild Charge
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch
-Swords Dance

1 Like

Delta snorlax sweeps the elite 4, so you should be fine. You can actually get hidden ability Feraligatr via the friend safari after gym 6, so you should probably go for that over a torrent one. Charizard doesn’t need fly or dragon pulse tbh, I highly suggest giving it defog and give Charizard will-o-wisp and gengar taunt instead. Delta gallade should choose one of wild charge or thunder punch, no reason to have both. Ice shard is useful on delta gallade for priority, or drain punch if you like recovery and rounding out the coverage even more. I’d slap on an expert belt to delta gallade just cause it’s really good with it. Delta Venusaur likes having moonlight over hypnosis for the elite 4 as it makes it easier to set up, or you could get a coverage move like shadow ball. Solid team, just needs a couple of tweaks.

Ok, thank you :+1: I will make those tweaks on my team! Also, merry early Christmas! It’s currently Christmas Eve where I live! Also, do you know anyone with a water friend safari, I can visit to get hidden ability Totodile? Unfortunately, I have an electric friend Safari! :cry:

1 Like

Friend Safari - The Pokemon Insurgence Wiki this link should give you everything you need for friend safari! Merry early Christmas to you too!

The wiki has the names of users with specific safaris! :smiley: I went into Nopkin’s base and saw that he has a water base, which is perfect to get my hidden ability Croconaw once I get 6 gyms! Also, I have a couple of questions. How likely is a Pokémon that appears in the friend safari have the hidden ability instead of it’s usual one? Also, I saw that Combusken is available in the friend safari, in slot 2, in Sherka’s base. Do I keep Charizard for the elite 4, or do I swap him out with a Blaziken from the friend safari? I can’t get mega Charizard since I am not playing in purity mode. I hear that Blaziken is really powerful, even without his mega. (I will mega evolve D. Venusaur in this playthrough.)

1 Like

Oh you have already reached the E4. Wow before five hours you didn’t even get d. Snorelax and now you have reached E4. That’s quick, also, yes you should keep ice shard over wild charge on gallade because it just wastes a move slot.

You misunderstood! :dizzy_face: I was only planning my team for elite four, I wasn’t up to it! I am only up to the second gym which I lost :sob: I need to grind my Pokémon more… I am underleved… My Pokemon are all level 33, with the weakest (delta Kirlia, at lv 25.) I’ll need to grind until my Pokemon are level 38…

Hi GoldenDragonLeaf, ArnavAnupam said that water types are not very useful for Pokémon Insurgence. Is it true or not? And should I keep Feraligatr (and then replace him with sheer force Feraligatr after 6th gym) or replace him with Delta Muk?

1 Like

I didn’t said that water types are not useful for Insurgence, because none of the gyms are weak to water, if you want to use a water type I would recommend D. Haxorous with strong jaw and life orb but if you want to use feraligatr then you are free to use it, after all you can get sheer force and life orb feraligatr too. There is one elite 4 member who uses ground types and his mega is cacturne(hope didn’t spoil it)so you can use dragon dance, ice fang set too.

it’s a 1/5th chance for a pokemon to have its hidden ability. Blaziken is very powerful without mega, but a pokemon that’s able to remove hazards is also very useful, so it’s your choice really. Water types are very useful, and delta muk is useful as well. Ground is an excellent offensive type, and water helps against one of the elite four members greatly. Although, delta snorlax has been the tried and true strategy to sweep the elite four, so I think you’re fine. Water pokemon are very useful in general, so I’d say get both on your team if you can fit them.

So, before you go into the E4, replace Hypnosis with Shadow Ball, and Will-O-Wisp with Taunt on Gengar to shut down to of the E4’s leads. Feraligatr looks fine ig, I’d personally run Swords Dance or Dragon Dance over rock Slide. Also, yes, get Sheer Force. Charizard is an eh Fire type, in this Gen, Choice Band Talonflame with Brave Bird and Flare Blitz is great. Delta Snorlax wants Thick Fat, and D. Gallade wants Ice Shard over one of the Electric moves and also Life Orb. Gengar can also run Life Orb here.

1 Like

So, uh, never use Charizard and Talonflame as defoggers, they will die. There’s not many great defoggers in Gen 6, and Insurgence doesn’t use that many hazards, so you’re fine. If you really want removal, Rapid Spin Starmie is a great option.

1 Like

oh no I wasn’t talking about switch ins, I was talking about if you were leading them.

In that case, just lead Gengar with Taunt. It shuts down basically everything that wants to set hazards in Insurgence.

Thank you for your suggestions! I will be replacing Charizard with Blaziken (from the friend Safari.) And I will replace Torrent Feraligatr with a Sheer Force Feraligatr (from the friend safari.) Unfortunatly, I can’t fit Delta Muk on my team, so I won’t use her. Maybe for a different playthrough though…

Actually, I change my mind! I will replace Delta Gallade with Delta Muk since he is frail, will use Blaziken as a physical attacker instead and I already have coverage against Dragon types (Mega Delta Venusaur.) I will run Thunderbolt on Gengar instead, since I need coverage against flying types. And I already have Ice Fang on Feraligatr.

Here’s my future team after the adjustments.

D. Venusaur (nicknamed Azalea, male) @ D. Venusaurite
Ability: Psycho Call
Quiet Nature

-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Moonblast
-Moonlight

Gengar (Nicknamed Nightshade, male) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature

-Shadow Ball
-Will O Wisp
-Taunt
-Thunderbolt (for coverage)

Feraligatr (No Nickname yet) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force

-Waterfall
-Ice Fang
-Rock Slide (for coverage)
-Swords Dance

Blaziken (No nickname yet) @ Expert Belt

-Blaze Kick
-Hone Claws
-High Jump Kick
-Brave Bird

D. Snorlax (No nickname yet) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat

-Seed Bomb
-Bulk Up
-Earthquake
-Drain Punch

D. Muk (Nicknamed Sandy, female) @ Life Orb
Ability Sap Sipper or Regurgitation

-Submission
-Earthquake
-Sludge Bomb
-Recover

I would replace Bulk Up with Belly Drum, as my Snorlax (Environment) one shot Eduard and London’s whole team, half of Kayla’s team, Kayla’s Smeargle and Sylveon. He also KO’d the champ’s ace.

Also, picking a Delta Gardevoir (I did) would be better because mine was the absolute MVP of every single gym.

Generally, Bulk Up is more consistent cuz you become harder to kill as well, since it boosts defense and doesn’t make you lose half your hp. You also don’t need all +6 boosts to win battles.