Pokemon black

My friend has a seismitoad that has a modest nature. Should it learn mudshot or earthquake? (not earth power since there is no way to teach it in black) . Asking for a friend… And ik that black does not need to be competitive but my friend got the first tympole as a modest nature. (He is just such a perfectionist)
(Ok fine. That someone is me).

1 Like

Honestly, just breed for an adamant. Or any nature that buffs attack. Earthquake isn’t as good with modest with stab. Although it can learn a bunch of special water moves, mud shot isn’t going to cut it. I mean with stab and the nature boost I’d say it’s viable, but I think adamant would be better.

2 Likes

Im not very good at competitive so take my opinion with a mountain of salt.

3 Likes

Well, you can’t teach it but you can breed it with Corsola.
If you want a more competitive set I’d consider maybe a more tank option (like, idk, Bold or Relaxed).
Another other option is looking for a Hasty one so can be a mixed attacker.

If no other options is available, the only other special Ground moves that do not require breeding (that I know of) is Mud Shot, which is not exactly ground breaking (damn I’m funny). Earthquake is better but with Modest nature meh… again, Relaxed nature would be better at this point.
Depending on the moveset, I’d consider Sludge Wave (for them pesky grass-types).

5 Likes

So I should try for another one with relaxed or hasty or bold?

So I use waterfall as the physical water attack?

Yeah. If you can learn it.

1 Like

I don’t think it can learn it lmao. I may be wrong tho

1 Like

It’s in gen five so I don’t think it gets it.

1 Like

Use mixed with a +Def nature and you can then run EQ and Scald and then either Sludge Wave and Toxic/Protect/SR or Rain Dance if you run Rash or something.

1 Like

He’s got modest.

1 Like

IK, just giving options if you choose to breed.
https://www.smogon.com/dex/bw/pokemon/seismitoad/ou/

1 Like

wait… why do you need it in black? there aren’t any black/white tournaments anymore are there?

1 Like

no i just like having good natures (ik it sounds stupid). It is an in game playthrough. IN which u dont even need good natures to succeed. but i just wanted to see my options. (my time from competitive play has infected my playthroughs. I am sorry

1 Like

oh it’s just so you have a more successful playthrough? makes sense

1 Like

You should have a neutral nature though so nothings hindered.

1 Like

I got another with quiet. That’s good right?

Less speed more special attack, I’d say it’s a fine nature.

1 Like