People are getting mean

So lately i’v been roaming the site and I have seen that things like helpful criticism are just turning into general rudeness. I’m not going to name people but an example is a spriter who is just trying to have fun and be in the community is getting bullied on every sprite he has made for using parts of other Pokemon in the past. Like we were all not very good at something at one point, so why do you have to pick on people who are not as good as you? I hope this stops.

Thanks for reading

From the eyes of the moderators, the problems that some of us have do not come from the artist splicing, as much as said person being dishonest about it, stating that “it is entirely hand-made” when in reality it is very obvious. We also ask that if you are here to take criticism, you also have to be willing to actually take the advice and try to improve the sprites you’re doing, and instead many artists just move onto a new sprite without ever working on the old ones that they had made that could use improvement. Third, we are not fans of spam, and having 4-5 posts a day does not help anyone’s feelings about how hard you actually care about learning to sprite, instead coming across as spam.

If you believe that we have been hard against an individual or group of people, we hope that this at least clears up where some of our sentiments are from our perspective.

1 Like

its not getting bullyed for using parts of other pokemons in his design, its getting hard critisized for lying and saying that they were hand made several times

@LunarDusk I completely agree with you but this artist has been doing better and not lying as much but lately and I just think people are being a little too harsh. Overall thank you for the reply.

This part is key. Lying should never have happened in the first place, and when people told him he was lying he didn’t stop.

3 Likes

Yeah, like seriously man, he used Latios arms in his sprite as legs, then, when he was called out on it, switched them to galvantula legs. Like, there’s no excuse for that kind of inane action.

2 Likes