New Moon Team

I’ve been thinking about doing this team for a while, and I wanna hear some thoughts about it.
The team is:

Spiritomb => Adamant // Noctem
Holding: Dark Rock
Moves: sucker punch/ phantom force/ foul play/ will-o-wisp

Gengar => Timid // Levitate
Holding: Dark Rock
Moves: sludge bomb/ substitute/ new moon/ shadow ball

Klefki => Calm // Prankster
Holding: Light Clay
Moves: foul play/ spikes/ reflect/ light screen

Greninja => Timid // Protean
Holding: Life Orb
Moves: surf/ dark pulse/ extrassensory/ ice beam

For the two last members, I’m not completely sure, I was thinking about Delta Roserade, Aegislash, Delta Typhlosion, Delta Scyther or Delta Gallade, but I really don’t know which one I should choose. I’d highly appreciate some help with this team. Thank you for reading.

1 Like

I would consider Mega Delta Charizard and Hustle Durant whit Hone Claws. Charizard works as a secondary and less defensive Darkness setter while Durant dispose of fairy and dark type Pokémon.

1 Like

So switch gengar with Delta Charizard and get durant?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

What about the last mon

1 Like

Consider Stealth Rock and Deffoger/Rapid Spinner.

1 Like

Maybe an excadrill?

1 Like

I like that, but it stack Steel type whit Clefki and Durant. I think switching Clefki for an Armored Delta Volcarona is a viable option.

1 Like

Ok, thanks, so just recaping spiritomb, d. charizard (mega?), durant, excadrill, d. volcarona and greninja, right?

1 Like

Exactly

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

I feel using adamant on spiritomb is unnecessary. as it isn’t meant to be an offensive mon. I would also recommend timid d. typhlosion for straight blast power, as it’ll probably do more damage than most if not all your other mons/ I would also suggest delta electivire as it covers a few types while also having shadow dance

1 Like

I thought about using them, but it would only make my ground weakness worse. And about the spiritomb, you’re right, I think I’ll change it.

1 Like

Mega D. Typhlosion would be my go to. I would consider a baton pass Blaziken with hone claws as well, but hustle durant or d. scyther are decent options too.

Gengar should swap out new moon for either status+hex or taunt.

Personally, I ran my new moon team with Spiritomb as a setter/scout, baton speed boost blaziken as a sweeper/pivot and mega donphan as hazard removal/alternate win con. I rarely had any problems with just that core.

1 Like

I run a new moon team on an insurgance save and its pretty strong. I’ve talked at leangth in a previous post about it so if you want my more full thoughts check my history.

Cutting to the chace, delta roserade is a nuts sweeper on new moon teams. I run a full speed/sp attack EVed d.roserade with modest, shadowdace, and choice specs. The only relevant move she has is lunar cannon. And I guess moonblast on the off chance you need it, but really its just lunar cannon. When d. roserade works its way in under new moon its almost guarenteed that something is going down, and if your opponent doesn’t have any revenge killers their entire team is probably toast. Even things that resist dark often just melt.

Your spiritomb setup looks pretty neat, my one thing is that I wonder how useful foul play will be since it looks like you’re probably investing EVs into attack. If you’re going for a more max defense build though it seems cool. I personally run protect, sucker punch, will-o-wisp and pursuit, though the latter is more becuse I wasn’t sure what else to run there. Also I see someone saying that spiritomb isn’t generally an offensive mon, and while this is true to an extent under new moon a max attack spiritomb’s sucker punch will hit like a truck.

If your sweeper is powerful enough (e.g. M.D.typhlosion or d.roserade), Klefki screens might end up just being ‘win more’. Haven’t tried it out though so i’d say give it a whirl. I’ve been interested in trying to make surf work on new moon and greninja seems like a good place to try it.

Something I’ve been looking to try is scizor in place of durant as a fairy killer. Scizor is slower than durant but can make up for it with priority attacks boosted by technition e.g. bullet punch. Also getting durant in on a fairy type can be difficult because of durant’s very poor special bulk (granted, this can be shored up with assault vest). Scizor also has access to roost, defog, and u-turn making it a theoretically a great option for team support along with its primary job of bullet punching fairies. U-turn also can get something like d.roserade in without it taking damage and making it easier for it to sweep.