Link’s Introduction

Greetings my friends. I am CyberLink, but I would prefer Link if you’d please.

Ok, tossing the formalities aside now. Hi there! As you already know, I’m Link. I’m just some 20 year old dude who loves playing video games(who doesn’t?). It should be obvious that I love Pokémon (why else would I be play Insurgence & end up here?), but I have a few other gaming passions as well.

First and foremost, Undertale. This is my #1 favorite game of all time. Others I enjoy are Stardew Valley, the Zelda series, Hollow Knight, A Hat in Time, and Terraria.

Ok, time for a bit of history on my involvement in the Pokéfanbase.

I first played Pokémon LeafGreen on a GameBoy Advance SP at the age of four. I had no idea what I was doing, but I was immediately hooked. I eventually bugged my parents enough to get me Emerald, which is my second favorite core series game to date!

Fast forward a few years and I get my very own Nintendo DS lite. Not just any DS either, a limited special edition Diamond and Pearl DS with a copy of Platinum. Platinum was the first Pokémon game I ever completed and is still my favorite core series game today.

Shortly afterwards, I got a copy of my favorite Pokémon game of all time:
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. I can’t even begin to describe how amazing this game is, but that’s a story for another time.

Later, I got Black as well as Black 2. I liked their story, but was sorta disappointed by the linearity.

A couple years after that I had to get my appendix removed. I’m not gonna go into detail, but it wasn’t the most pleasant experience. However, my parents had gotten me a little something.

It was another limited edition system, this time being a Year of Luigi 3DS. I was thrilled that I’d finally gotten a 3DS, as they were all the rage at the time. It was here that I got a copy of X, and unlike many others, I actually really liked it.

When Sun & Moon came out, I got a copy of Moon, but was… disappointed. The games just felt too easy and I was never really hooked on the story.

In 2015, I got a copy of Super Mystery Dungeon. It was fun but I put it down for some reason or another and didn’t get back to it until only about a month ago.

When Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon released, I was slightly skeptical, but got a copy of Ultra Moon anyway. Ultra was a much better experience. It had a much better story, actual difficult sections, overall and felt more finished than Sun & Moon.

In 2019, I got a copy of Let’s Go Eevee and despite it being ANOTHER Kanto remake, I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun I had with it. I’d even dare to say that it’s BETTER than Sword & Shield WITH the DLC.

The next games to come were Sword & Shield. Oh boy… I have a few things to say about these games. Firstly, they are way too easy. Like seriously, are they trying to make games for toddlers now? Do they think kids are really that stupid nowadays? Secondly, it had no story. A big part of Pokémon IS the story. The climax of the game just felt really out of place if you ask me.

While waiting for the DLC, I got my hands on a copy of Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX. I had never played the originals, but I would say they nailed it with this remake. I can only hope that Explorers will get the same treatment.

At the beginning of the summer, Isle of Armor released. This is where Sword & Shield started to feel more complete for me. I was genuinely excited for Crown Tundra.

When Crown Tundra was released, the games finally felt complete. The tundra has several story quests that are really cool and work well with the open-world feel of the region. My only gripe with the DLC is the fact that they basically sold us an unfinished game for full price and then made us pay an additional amount of cash to actually make it feel complete.

And that bring us to a few weeks ago, when I was finally able to download Insurgence for myself and experience this masterfully crafted fangame.

Anyways, I think I’ve talked enough for now. You’ll see me pop in every now & then. I’m also open to trade if you’d like.

4 Likes

i love undertale as well… i don’t want to have a bad time so i play undertale

1 Like

though i do not have any nintendo system since any one of the systems cost at least 14000 of my currency.

1 Like

so i love insurgence
reason 1- imo the best fangame and much better then any Nintendo pokemon game( only platinum comes close)
reason 2- my first pokemon game because i do not have a Nintendo console(i defeated the game easily cause i have been watching pokemon playthroughs for 3 years) my second game was pokemon uranium and third was a x&y emulator.

1 Like

did you have to write a book lmao
anyways hi

1 Like

You sir have excellent taste.

1 Like

That is one long introduction. But hey, I can’t judge. Anyway, nice to meet you.

1 Like

Kinda late, but welcome!