Inspiration for future team to take out E4

Hello, I just finished the third gym on a normal playthrough and am still relatively new to fangames like this (haven’t had this much fun in years). Will eventually try hard nuzlocke etc but for now after just finishing the 2nd gym Xavier, it would be ideal for me to start to get serious on an official squad.

I have already done some research and a bit of work with a rough outline and any kind of suggestions would be appreciated.

Currently have a team of D. Venesaur, Axew, Rotom, Boldore, Swampert and Rapidash.

Basically am confident to replace last 3 and likely Rotom too but it’s versatile and will stay for a while.

Here’s the rough outline:

D. Venesaur @ Leftovers?
(as I should likely save the mega for someone else?)

Ability: Psycho Call
EV’s: 248 HP / 96 Def / 20 Spe

• Leech Seed (or moonlight potentially later on)
  • Calm Mind
  • Moonblast
  • ??? (undecided)

Haxorus (Haxorite)
EV’s: 252 Atk / 4 sDef / 252 Spe

• Dragon Dance/Sword Dance?
  • Dragon Claw?
  • ???
  • ???

D. Metagross (Ruin) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
EV’s: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

• Rock Polish?
  • Head Smash
  • Wood Hammer
  • Earthquake

Rest I’m pretty undecided. Got two bulky mons and a glass cannon (haxorus). Definitely will likely need a lead/setupper with stuff like spikes/poison spikes, knock off, taunt etc
(potentially D. Greninja?). Will admit even on normal mode the game has welcomed a good challenge that I’ve been missing for quite some time.

Advice/suggestions would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

I don’t think you can get D. metagross ruin until post-game, as well as the haxorite and D. greninja. I would recommend delta gardevoir, and when you manage to get it, mew is a good option due to it’s ability to learn any tm and can play a variety of roles in your team. D. Venusaur is a good mega as well as D. gardevoir should you choose to keep it. If you want a really op mega, try mega Flygon, it’s really amazing, although I don’t know where to get it now because its location has changed.

Ok, already have a Vibrava so that works well just will have 2 dragons for the time being. As for D. Gardevoir I also have but is underleveled and might or might not use. Thanks.

put psychic on d venusaur and its mega has hubris which is moxie but sp atk so u might want to go w that

1 Like

I would recommend delta vespiqueen to replace rapidash. It does the same things but much better. Great typing, great movesets, fantastic bulk. Just make sure you soft reset for a female.

There are plenty of good taunters. Sabeleye, whimsicott, greninja, crobat, frosslass, even gyrados and aerodactyl. A handful of these can carry an assortment of entry hazards.

Already got Psychic on D.Venesaur now, won’t be able to get mega as I had purity mode on for some reason and saved (at least until I can access it that other way). I’ll soft reset around the route 9 grotto for Delta Combee female, that’s the location right? Might take out a Sabeleye I stored awhile ago or something. Thanks!