Help for team

I’m in the midst of remaking my team from some suggestions so the below isn’t updated yet.

Slot 1: Delta Bisharp
Ability: Defiant
Nature: Hardy (Neutral)
Moves: High Jump Kick, Aerial Ace, Blaze Kick, PU Punch

Slot 2: Delta Luxray
Ability: Poison Touch
Nature: Modest (+Sp Att, - Att) I know, I know. I will replace this once I get another D.Luxray with a better nature on my other save.
Moves: Poison Jab, Metal Claw, Crunch, Shadow Claw

Slot 3: Mega Eevee
Ability: Protean Maxima
Nature: Modest (+Sp Att, - Att)
Moves: Psychic, Moonblast, TBolt, Foul Play

Slot 4: Greninja
Ability: Protean
Nature: Hasty (+Speed, - Def) For some reason I didn’t go for - Att instead
Moves: Ice Beam, Grass Knot, Hydro Pump, Night Slash/Shadow Sneak/Extrasensory (Haven’t leveled up my Froakie so I haven’t decided which one to pick up yet)

Slot 5: Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
Nature: Adamant (+Att, - Sp Att)
Moves: Brave Bird, Roost, Flame Charge, Swords Dance

Slot 6: Milotic
Ability: Marvel Scale
Nature: Bold (+Def, - Att)
Moves: Mirror Coat, Rest, Sleep Talk, Scald

Now, I just found out how awesome Mega Delta Bisharp is, but I really like Mega Eevee a lot and I’m too lazy to think of what to replace the Eevee if I decide to give Delta Bisharp its mega stone instead since Eevee would be useless, so I don’t know if I should keep Eevee or go for Mega Delta Bisharp.
Also, according to a team builder, here’s how my team fare defensively, excluding Eevee and Greninja.

So, are there any ways to further improve my team? Should I keep the Mega Eevee or should I switch it for something else and go for Mega Delta Bisharp.

1 Like

If you’re unhappy with natures but want to keep your current team, run your pokemon through pokepon. There’s a chance you can change their nature.

True, but I think that it would be safer to just get another one on another save. In this way, I can just keep soft resetting until I get a good nature.

I’d say get rid of milotic, since you already have a water type on your team. Replace it with a good ground type, since your team could use a check to electric types.

Since my Milotic is supposed to be my wall, what do you think of an Armored Tyranitar as a substitute wall? EDIT: I forgot TTar isn’t a ground type. I decided to go with Steelix.

If you’re going to sr for a good D. Luxray, make sure you get a good natured D. Bisharp as well.

Trade here.

The team has an obvious weakness to electric in general, and that’s not necessarily the worst thing in the world, but it can be fixed. Here are some suggestions to make the team more competitive.

Slot 1: Delta Bisharp Ability: Defiant Nature: Hardy (Neutral) Moves: High Jump Kick, Aerial Ace, Blaze Kick, PU Punch

I’m not a fan of PU-Punch, unless you really don’t have any boosting moves. Blaze kick hits absolutely nothing that HJK hits, and I’m not a fan of HJK if your speed is abysmal. Delta Bisharp without Mega should be played a little bit differently from M-Delta Bisharp. M-Delta Bisharp wants to capitalize on its amazing 130 Base Speed, by running an all-out attacking set. Delta Bisharp doesn’t have that kind of luxury. A really good set, which I’m sure the developers intended Delta Bisharp to be made for, is a bulk-up set akin to Conkeldurr:

Suggestion 1 (Delta Bisharp) Ability: Defiant EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spe Careful nature

• Acrobatics
  • Bulk Up
  • Mach Punch
  • Drain Punch

Pretty standard set tbh. Utilizes Delta-Bisharp’s priority + bulk. Drain Punch is standard and amazing with bulk-up, since Acrobatics forfeits your item at best interest.

Slot 2: Delta Luxray Ability: Poison Touch Nature: Modest (+Sp Att, - Att) I know, I know. I will replace this once I get another D.Luxray with a better nature on my other save. Moves: Poison Jab, Metal Claw, Crunch, Shadow Claw

Not a big fan of Delta-Luxray at all, moreover as a pure attacker. Its moveset just screams “support!” It has access to T-spikes, Spikes and Glare: three of the greatest least distributed status moves in competitive Pokemon, albeit you can’t really use T-Spikes and Glare together due to redundancy. Right now though it’s absolutely useless because it doesn’t have access to Venomous which is probably the best boon it could get competitively. So here’s a hazard stacking support set:

Suggestion 2 (Delta Luxray) @ Leftovers Ability: Sniper EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe Adamant nature

• Spikes
  • Taunt
  • Glare
  • Iron Tail / Poison Jab / Metal Claw

Sniper > Poison Touch because normal poison status is trash in competitive + you don’t want redundancy with glare. Iron Tail is good, because you want to hit ghosts that aren’t affected by Glare, but Poison Jab and Metal Claw are viable alternatives if you dislike 75% accuracy.

Slot 3: Mega Eevee Ability: Protean Maxima Nature: Modest (+Sp Att, - Att) Moves: Psychic, Moonblast, TBolt, Foul Play

Mega Eevee is an anomaly. I don’t really know what’s best for it at the moment, but I think Ice Beam + Thunderbolt would be optimal. Moonblast / Psychic depending on whether or not you want Magic Bounce. Foul Play would probably be the best 4th move to hit specially defensive mons without investing in Attack.

Suggestion 3 (Eevee) @ Eevite Ability: Run Away EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Spd / 252 Spe Timid nature

• Ice Beam
  • Thunderbolt
  • Psychic / Moonblast
  • Foul Play

Slot 4: Greninja Ability: Protean Nature: Hasty (+Speed, - Def) For some reason I didn’t go for - Att instead Moves: Ice Beam, Grass Knot, Hydro Pump, Night Slash/Shadow Sneak/Extrasensory (Haven’t leveled up my Froakie so I haven’t decided which one to pick up yet)

Pretty standard Greninja Set, and Hasty over Timid isn’t the biggest deal. My only suggestion would be Dark Pulse as the last move.

Slot 5: Talonflame Ability: Gale Wings Nature: Adamant (+Att, - Sp Att) Moves: Brave Bird, Roost, Flame Charge, Swords Dance

Talonflame does not fit your team at all, especially because you have no Defog / Rapid Spinner to take care of Stealth Rocks. I have a pretty decent suggestion: Delta-Gardevoir / Delta Gallade.

Depending on your preference, you can run SD Delta Gallade or CM Delta Gardevoir with Livewire. this helps alleviate your Electric weakness, without sacrificing the wincon of Talonflame.

Slot 6: Milotic Ability: Marvel Scale Nature: Bold (+Def, - Att) Moves: Mirror Coat, Rest, Sleep Talk, Scald

Milotic has no place on the team either, due to its offensive nature. Here’s a suggestion to help with the electric pains and fighting weakness: Gliscor.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb Ability: Poison Heal EVs: 244 HP / 208 SpD / 56 Spe Careful Nature

• Swords Dance
  • Earthquake
  • Knock Off
  • Roost

More wincons and SD stallbreaker is always amazing. EVs have its purpose, but I’m lazy to discuss them.

~These are my suggestions, you can take them if you want to, but they’re only suggestions. You choose what you want and don’t want in the end. There are still quite a few holes in the team, but since 1.2 isn’t out yet, there really isn’t an established meta yet.

[Changes] Delta Bisharp -> Bulk Up Delta Luxray -> Support Spiker Mega Eevee -> Ice Beam + Thunderbolt Greninja -> Dark Pulse [Final Slot] Talonflame -> Delta Gardevoir / Delta Gallade Milotic -> Stallbreaker Gliscor

Ciao

1 Like

Pretty insightful sharing. Just curious, why Acrobatics over Aerial Ace? Aerial Ace has high base power, never misses and more PP than Acrobatics.

Definitely will go for Delta Gardevoir.

Also, since you made D Bisharp pretty bulky, I decided to drop my bulky Steelix for your suggested Gilscor cuz I originally replaced Milotic with Steelix to fill the defensive role in my team, albeit without the Roost since you can’t get Roost and Earthquake on a Gliscor at the same time as of now.

Hey Icy,

So Acrobatics is a pretty interesting move. Aerial Ace does seem to have +5 BP over it, at first glance, but that’s only if the user has an item.

Acrobatics (from Bulbapedia) Acrobatics deals damage and its power is doubled to 110 if the user has no held item. Acrobatics can hit non-adjacent opponents in Triple Battles. If the user is holding a Flying Gem, the item is consumed before this move checks whether the Pokémon has an item or not; therefore, the power is still doubled.

Essentially, if Delta Bisharp doesn’t hold any item, Acrobatics will have a BP of 110! (50 BP more than Aerial Ace.) The extra damage is worth more than Leftovers recovery, since you have Drain Punch to compensate.

Good Luck!

Ahh sorry, I didn’t realize that. Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Glare hits ghost types btw

IcyWarlock, can we talk > ?

can we talk ? :slight_smile: ?

Please don’t necro an almost a year old thread. You could’ve just PMed me if you wanted to ask something.

im asking if you still have an Delta Pichu Egg, Sorry about the the “Reply at Old Thread” and being little rude, im a newcomer Dx