Have trouble starting up the game

I have recently downloaded insurgence but ran into a problem when starting the game. The nonprofit notice, Mew loading screen and start menu came up just fine, but the game displayed an error message and shut itself down when I tried to start a new game. It mentioned spritewindow line 814 and an invalid argument involving users and temp. This persisted while I 1) downloaded the core directly instead of using the launcher 2) used the mirror link 3) downloaded the files on my phone and moved them into my pc. I also searched the forums and tried every possible solution I was able to understand, but no such luck. Finally, I tried to ‘fix’ it by moving the insurgence folder into program files x86, but it didn’t work and I think I just made the problem worse because after I deleted the folder from the program files after failing, the game doesn’t even start before crashing. Has anyone else had the same problem, and does anyone have any idea what might be causing it? I have Xenoverse on my pc as well, but it has never displayed any problems and runs like a charm.

Sincerely, a frustrated(and increasingly desperate) Insurgence fan

i mean formatting does the trick 99% of the time

Sounds interesting, please elaborate. I’ll do anything at this point.

assuming u have windows 10
go to settings->update & security → recovery → reset this pc → remove everything → just remove my files

Remove… everything? OK I may have to redact by previous statement.

either this and pray that it works or wait till someone smarter helps u

Thanks anyway… wasn’t expecting for someone to reply so quickly to this! You’ve given me a glimmer of hope that this thing can be fixed.

i have another dumb idea just run the game as administrator maybe (90% no) it will work

wdym? I’m pretty sure I’m an administrator in my pc account… or do you mean something different?

right click and run as administrator

Ah. Just did that. Nope.

Gave up on trying to fix it, just said, ‘Screw it’ and formatted everything(backed up my files). Works like a charm now. Thanks!

1 Like