Going back to old version in randomizer

Hello, I first started playing insurgence as a randomized nuzlocke a few years ago, back during the King Nappy’s Penta Op. I got a new computer recently and while the game was still there my save data was gone. While trying to fix this problem I found out that the game had been updated several times since I first downloaded the game so I downloaded the newest version of the game and I’m now trying to recreate my team in a new randomized play through. But that came with new problems because one of the updates made it so randomized mode randomizes items as well as pokemon which makes it difficult to get the mega stones I used on my old team. I still have the older version on my computer and a save file I made on that older version while trying to fix my missing save file problem carried over when I opened up the new version. Would I be able to switch to the old version to get the unrandomized mega stones I need or would that cause problems for the game?

there were a ton of changes made for the newer versions, so imo its def a risk. I dont recommend it, but if you are going to try, make sure to make backups of your save files just in case something breaks.