Elite Four Help

I need help with beating the elite four and reukra. I am more than happy to make any alterations that will help do better against the elite four and reukra. My team is…

D. Haxorus: Iron Head, Ice Fang, Crunch, Aqua Tail; Ability- Water Veil, Item-Black Glasses; lvl- 78

D. Gardevoir: Blizzard, Thunder Wave, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt; Ability- Clear Body, Item-Choice Scarf; lvl-78

D. Charizard: Lunar Cannon, Dragon Pulse, Phantom Force, Fly; Ability- Spirit Call, Item-D. Charizardite; lvl-88

Typhlosion: Quick Attack, Blast Burn, Defense Curl, Flamethrower; Ability- Blaze, Item-None; lvl-73

Mew: Psychic, Thunderbolt, Surf, Thunder Wave; Ability- Synchronize, Item-Hard Stone; lvl-84

D. Snorlax: Wood Hammer, Razor Leaf, Yawn, Earthquake; Ability- Overcoat, Item-Leftovers; lvl-87

The following recommendation is purely my opinion and can obviously be wrong.

A very interesting problem for your team right now is that around half of them, at least to me, seem under-leveled. By the Elite Four, if you’re playing on Normal, your team should be in the mid to high 80’s minimum, possibly low 90’s to be safe.

As of D. Haxorus, I personally prefer Strong Jaw or Heavy Metal over Water Veil, depending on the moveset. Water Veil is good to protect against burns, but its sorta a one trick pony. Strong Jaw boosts any weak Biting move, such as Ice Fang. Heavy Metal boosts the weight of Haxorus, which can be very lethal with Heavy Slam. If you use Heavy Metal, replace Iron Head with Heavy Slam.

Jumping onto Mew, a moveset I use often is Amnesia, Barrier, Aura Sphere, and Psychic, while giving it Leftovers. When set up correctly, Mew basically becomes nearly unkillable, unless the opponent happens to land a critical hit.

Typhlosion’s moveset could use some work, at least in my eyes, though I don’t really know a permanent solution. Maybe replace Typhlosion with a different mon? I’m not 100% sure.

Uh… that’s about it for me? There are probably more holes, but I don’t know any permanent solutions to all of them. Best of luck mate!

Definitely get your team up to snuff, around lvl 88 is a good number to be at.

Note about Delta Hax: The only reason why I say don’t go for strong jaw (and heavy metal is HA, so rip) is because the in-game name is actually “strong jaws”. This may not seem like much, but it makes a significant impact. Because the name is wrong, the ability will do essentially nothing and the power of biting moves will not increase. You’d be much better off with water veil in that case.

Probably would be better to give D Hax either Choice Band or some form or setup (latter is preferred because of water veil). Also, probably would be best to give D Gardevoir a better moveset. Would be good to go for some coverage over Blizzard or T-Wave. You can also run livewire on it without scarf (and with Life Orb). Scarf isn’t too terrible, just not great. As for delta charizard, a two-turn hit move is pretty redundant when shadow ball does a great job. This leads me to the second point…It would be best to get rid of lunar cannon and get a ghost type move, STAB makes a difference in power. In addition, there is almost no advantage of using Dark Type moves over Ghost as they have the same offensive coverage. I would recommend a fire type move and coverage as well (and replace fly). As for Typhlosion, I would get rid of it, honestly, if not using for mega as it had pretty bad coverage. Could replace it with something bulkier, preferably some dark type that will resist ghost type moves, albeit not necessary. I would highly recommend replacing mew’s item with something else as that item does nothing for that mew at that point, maybe leftovers as that is always useful. I would personally go for a nasty plot set so you can get some setup going. Also, mew can learn every TM and move tutor move in the game. Keep that in mind when deciding on its coverage moves to replace something like T-Wave and I would say Surf (a fire type move would be useful). I would recommend changing D Snorlax’s ability to thick fat as that will be very useful in mitigating two of its weaknesses, one of the ones that one of the e4 members will use quite prevalently in her team. I would also recommend getting rid of yawn and razor leaf as they are not too useful. Drain Punch and Bulk Up can be useful here. Leftovers is a great item on it.

Last thing to note: you want to bring mons with fire type moves as there is a certain mons throughout the e4 that will be weak to fire type moves. It would be good to emphasize on that common weakness.

1 Like