Delta Roserade and Greninja question for New Moon team

Hi there,

So I’m creating a team purely out of pokemon I think look cool, but I’m still trying to create a fairly balanced team as well. My biggest issue is my team is currently very speed/physical attack heavy. I’ll run through my current team, my reserves, my ideal replacements, and ask a couple of questions about running a different D Roserade and Greninja setup from usual.

Current Team (as of Utira Library):

Delta Charizard Lv. 50 (Spirit Call/Noctem) Timid, 255 SpAtk/255 Speed, Delta Charizardite

• Dragon Pulse
  • Shadow Sneak
  • Frost Breath
  • Shadow Ball

Greninja Lv. 50 (Protean) Hasty, 255 Atk/14 SpAtk/241 Speed, Expert Belt

• Night Slash
  • Spikes
  • Custom Move (Lightning)
  • Scald

Scizor Lv. 49 (Technician) Impish, 218 HP/25 Atk/2 Def/140 SpDef/125 Speed, Leftovers

• X-Scissor
  • Pursuit
  • Aerial Ace
  • Bullet Punch

Blaziken Lv. 49 (Speed Boost) Jolly, 255 Atk/255 Speed, Charcoal

• Flare Blitz
  • Protect
  • Blaze Kick
  • High Jump Kick

Delta Scyther Lv. 51 (Hustle) Careful, 255 Atk/255 Speed, Wide Lens

• Low Sweep
  • Icicle Crash
  • Night Slash
  • Icicle Spear

Delta Roserade Lv. 11 (Heliophobia) Calm, Exp. Share

Reserves:

Tyrantrum Lv. 50 (Rock Head) Jolly, 254 Atk/4 Def/252 Speed, Hard Stone

• Earthquake
  • Dragon Claw
  • Head Smash
  • Stealth Rock

Delta Snorlax Lv. 45 (Thick Fat) Careful, Mostly Untrained EV with focus on HP and Def, Miracle Seed

• Sleep Talk
  • Body Slam
  • Rest
  • Leaf Blade

Eventual Team:

• M.D. Charizard
  • Talonflame
  • Scizor
  • Metagross
  • Greninja
  • D. Scyther

Not Listed Being Considered:

• D. Roserade
  • D. Noivern
  • D. Bisharp
  • Thundrus
  • Bisharp
  • Zororark
  • Serperior
  • Milotic
  • Crawdaunt
  • Sharpedo
  • Aggron

Build Questions:

1. Should I change my Greninja to a Sp Atk/Trap creator to better make use of the Surf boost for New Moon?

2. I see everyone using a Special Sweeper Delta Roserade for New Moon, which looks great, but is there an alternative like a stall build or something that would fit better with my current team possibly with leftovers and its current ability?

3. Are there any other changes I should make to my current moveset (mind you I don’t have access to a lot of TMs yet)

4. Any changes to current team or ideal team, preferably with one of the pokemon listed?

Thanks all, really appreciate hearing from people that know a lot more about the game than I do!

Depends on you, though imo it is better suited Special, Dark Pulse and Surf/Scald can do. Unfortunately, Dark Pulse on it currently no available.

Because the ability Shadow Dance makes it a very good combination with the weather of New Moon, makes the Pokemon fast with its already good Special powers. Currently, there is no Pokemon would utilize the ability Heliophobia with New Moon apart from Delta Budew line being the only Pokemon who knows the ability unfortunately. But there is still Umbreon to be used with it benefiting from the Dark typing boost for Foul Play, but yet again this move is not available at the moment for it to learn. Also, there is Malamar and Delta Blastoise.

On Delta Charizard, replace Shadow Sneak with another move like Incinerate or Dragonify. Later on by the next update, Flamethrower since it’s a better Fire move than Incinerate and Lunar Cannon for the weather boost since Ghost types will lose the buff on the weather making Shadow Ball a little bit weaker than it.
On Scizor, I prefer U-turn to use but that is up to you. And Bug Bite for the future when the move is available, since it is better than X-Scissor on Technician.
On Blaziken, you can use Rock Slide or later Stone Edge/Poison Jab.
On Delta Scyther, would replace Icicle Spear w/ Ice Shard.

Your current team uses 2 Fighting types Blaziken and Delta Scyther, and have a major weakness to Fairy types. You can use Delta Snorlax, Serperior, Thundurus, or Delta Ralts line as a replacement to give you more coverage.