Delta driftloon

so I really like the design of delta driftloon, enough that i want it on my team. But learnt the hard way that it learns explosion. Luckily I saved before hand. The wiki says that pokemon found while soaring scale level wise, is that in relation my gym badges or pokemon in my party? It would be very nice if it were lower enough a level that it didn’t know explosion.

1 Like

It scales with the Pokemon in your party. You’d have to take lower leveled Pokemon to encounter it at a lower level.

From the wiki (just replace Rock Smash with Soaring, the level mechanics are similar):

The level of Pokémon encountered while smashing rocks varies depending on the level of the Pokémon that uses Rock Smash. If the Rock Smash user’s level is greater than 5, then the Pokémon that appears will be at a level ranging from X-3 to X+1, where X is the Rock Smash user’s level. If the Pokémon using Rock Smash is at a level less than 6, then the Pokémon that appears will always be encountered at level 5.

1 Like

you could also get a HA swampert or something else with damp as the ability

1 Like

Parasect is the ultimate catcher. Spore, False Swipe, and Damp. However, it is 4x weak to all D. Drifloon’s STABs. Try to use Quick Balls, and Night Mode Dusk Balls or Delta Balls.

It learns Explosion at Lv 50, so using anything (including @ezlaturbo’s suggestion) at Lv 48 or below will make things easier.

1 Like

Thanks a bunch for all the replies, you’ve helped so much!

1 Like

Umm follow-up question: how common is it to encounter it? The wiki says that there is only one but not how likely it is to encounter one, I found both it and delta pikachu rather quickly. Did I just get lucky? or did resetting after it exploded not work, meaning that I can np longer get one?

1 Like

There is a hard once-per-save rule for the Deltas encountered while soaring. If you reset to a save prior to encountering D. Drifloon, you can try again. If that is not the case, just ask around the forums and I’m sure someone would be happy to trade you one.

It may take a few attempts, you could always save beforehand and if you don’t find it while soaring, reset and try again. Just takes patience to find is all.

1 Like

thanks for the quick reply

2 Likes