Competitive Team Help

Could you explain to me what role each Pokémon fullfill and also why did you chose them over others?

1 Like

I replaced my whole team now because the old team lacked some things. Like I felt that Gyarados didn’t need mega when I found crawdaunt . Also mega gardevoir ability is awesome .
New Team
Gengar @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk

• Shadow Ball
  • Sludge Wave
  • Focus Blast
  • Taunt

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature

• Earthquake
  • Fly
  • U-turn
  • Stone Edge

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

• Hyper Voice
  • Psyshock
  • Calm Mind
  • Will-O-Wisp

Crawdaunt @ Focus Sash
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

• Swords Dance
  • Crabhammer
  • Knock Off
  • Aqua Jet

Rotom-Heat @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

• Defog
  • Volt Switch
  • Overheat
  • Toxic

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe

• Stealth Rock
  • Leech Seed
  • Gyro Ball
  • Power Whip

So in this Gengar is attacker with Z Move its shadow ball gets highly boosted . Crawdaunt and Gardevoir are also attackers . Landorus and Rotom are switchers . Ferrathorn is a defensive pokemon used for Stealth Rocking and leech seeding. Rotom can also help Ferrathorn by Toxic and defog .

1 Like

Is that Gen 7?

If it’s the case, sadly, Mega Gardevoir is a TOTAL waist of a Mega Evolution because Mega Alakasam and Tapu Lele exists are outclass Mega Gardevoir in every way.

Its Gen 6 OU except its having Z Moves and Gengar is having Cursed Body .

If mega alakazam can beat gardevoir in gen 7 then why not in gen 6 ? :thinking:

It’s not that it beat it, it is a question about being outclassed.

Mega Gardevoir’s biggest nerf was the Pixilate nerf in Gen 7. Dropping from 30% to 20%. Since you play a very awkward Gen 6 meta, the pixilate nerf isn’t present. That’s good. Mega Gardevoir is a wallbreaker that struggles against offensive teams, while Alakazam demolish most of them. Add the fact that Tapu Lele > Mega Gardevoir and that the Gen 6 was a more balanced and spikes stacking metagame and you got all the reasons why Gardevoir sucks in Gen 7. Tapu Lele not existing in Gen 6 and the overall bulkier metagame is the reason Mega Gardevoir is still present in the meta, though less common and effective than Mega Charizard Y and Mega Metagross.

Now, you have to seriously explain me something. Why does your only defogger looses 25% of its HP when switching in and has no recovery? Why Fly on Landorus while it has no Z-Moves? You could just go Stealth Rocks over Fly and afford Spikes on Ferrothorn. I recommend you go Thunder Wave over Gyro Ball on Ferrothorn to aleviate Gardevoir’s speed issue against offensive teams.

1 Like

Ok I will do that :+1: