Breeding problems

I wanted to have a Rhyhorn with Iron Head, Earthquake and Stone Edge. So I trained a male Aggron to have Iron Head, and a female Rhydon to have Earthquake and Stone Edge and I proceeded to breed them. However, when the egg hatched, it did not have any of those moves. Can someone tell me what I was doing wrong?

(I may be incorrect, but here’s my best answer) I don’t believe Rhyhorn can get Iron Head, I cannot give you an answer why, I’m unsure either. In Insurgence it uses Gen 5 breeding mechanics, so only the male will pass down egg moves. Since you have a female Rhydon, your resulting Rhyhorn would have none of the egg moves.

Seems Iron head can only be learnt by rhyperior through move tutor.

Insurgence uses a mix of gen 5 and gen 6 breeding mechanics, the issue here is that TM moves can only be passed down by males while egg moves can be passed down by both males and females. Other than that you’re correct. Edit: Forgot to mention that both stone edge and earthquake are TM moves for rhyhorn in addition to being level up moves.

https://wiki.p-insurgence.com/Breeding_Mechanics

Thanks for clearing it up.

yeah so basically if you really want to have stone edge and eq at lvl 1 (they’re lvl up moves like sleepy said), they need to be on a male parent

iron head is only available via move tutor on a rhyperior. what this means is that you need to get a rhyperior and wait for 1.2 in which there will be a move tutor for rhyperior

Never mind I figured it out. But thanks for the feedback anyways.