Breeding bug? Possible forced gender, ball bug

Edit: The gender thing is just dumb luck on my end, but the ball bug has not been addressed. Feel free to scroll past this first section to the bold text for the unresolved part.

I am trying to determine if this is intentional or a bug, but I’ve been attempting to breed delta Noibats. The gender ratio is supposed to be 50/50, yet eight out of eight eggs have all hatched male. This is fine, because I don’t care about my ideal Noibat’s gender. But in the future, I am planning to attempt to breed a shiny male delta Ralts for a shiny Gallade.

So my question is, is the fact that I’ve given the parent Delta Noibat an Everstone CAUSING all of the offspring to be the same gender as the parent, not just the same nature? Or is this just a really unlikely streak of luck?

I have not been soft resetting; I literally have eight male noibats in my box that I will probably wondertrade away in the future once I’ve filled out the pokedex. I am afraid to wondertrade anything right now in case someone sends me a roaming legendary I don’t yet have, preventing me from being able to catch/hunt it in my own game, since I’ve seen many reports that having a roaming legendary registered as owned prevents it from correctly spawning/roaming in your own game.

The OTHER issue I’ve encountered is with the ability to choose what ball I put the newly hatched babies in. For the life of me, despite having 10 Nest Balls in my inventory, the game gives me the option to select every other ball EXCEPT THOSE to put the egg in! I want to use nest balls for the aesthetic! They match delta Noivern nicely! Very miffed about this bug, but it has purely cosmetic function so I understand it’s not going to be a priority.

Help/enlightenment on either of these issues and/or how/why they are happening would be greatly appreciated! It would be useful to guarantee the gender of bred pokemon, if that IS what’s happening.

(I am new to the game and only started playing it last week, but I’m already in postgame and just trying to fill out the dex for a shiny charm, at the moment)

1 Like

You just rolled a male many times in a row. I’ve gotten female and male Delta pokemon from breeding with everstones.

2 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation that it was just sheer dumb luck. I won’t mark this as resolved since the ball bug is still a mystery, but I appreciate the info on the gender thing. Thanks!

1 Like