Am I ready for the Elite Four with this team?

So here’s the team:

Sopa (Mightyena) (F) @ Life Orb
Level 96
Naughty Nature (+Atk -SpD)
Ability: Intimidate
-Sssssizzle (Custom Fire Move)
-Howl
-Sucker Punch
-Crunch

Bunkah (Donphan) (M) @ Donphanite
Level 96
Relaxed Nature (+Def -Spe)
Ability: Sturdy
-Seed Bomb
-Earthquake
-Gunk Shot
-Giga Impact

Snizzle (Serperior) (M) @ Miracle Seed
Level 97
Naughty Nature (+Atk -SpD)
Ability: Overgrow
-Leech Seed
-Sssssizzle (Custom Fire Move)
-Coil
-Leaf Blade

Hamburger (Delta Chandelure) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Level 96
Rash Nature (+SpA - SpD)
Ability: Flash Fire
-Psychic
-Moonblast
-Overheat
-Lava Plume

Baby Chris (Delta Typhlosion) (M) @ Choice Specs
Level 97
Modest Nature (+SpA -Atk)
Ability: Motor Drive
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Flash Cannon
-Thunderbolt

Mongoose (Hawlucha) (M) @ Life Orb
Level 97
Lonely Nature (+Atk -Def)
Ability: Limber
-High Jump Kick
-Thunder Punch
-Fly
-Roost

While this may be unnecessary to mention, the Custom Move, Sssssizzle, was originally meant for only Snizzle, and I tried making an Ice move for Sopa, but I learned the hard way that you can only have one Custom Move.

The main threat to the team is Ice, since 3 Pokemon are weak to it (the Hail trainer in the Elite Four might be problematic in that aspect), but 5 are able to deal supereffective damage to Ice Types (everyone aside from Bunkah), so I think I’m good against it.

I’m going in blind in terms of the Elite Four’s items and moves, but I know which Pokemon they have. I’m also not even looking up what the Champion has, so please don’t spoil any of that for me. It’s also on Normal difficulty.

Thanks in advance for any and all help with this team!

Attempt one was a fail. Went up against Yuki and got her down to her second to last mon, and it was one turn away from dying from its burn. Hamburger got to level 93 though, so that might be a bit detrimental to my team.

Attempt 2 was also a fail. also got Yuki down to her last mon, but geez why is mega cryogonal so fast

Gonna take a break before attempt 3 so i can get all of my team to level 95 or something, so that everyone’s on an even playing field. Will also update the team copy-paste once It’s done. Also teaching Mongoose Roost

I beat them! but i only have 1 revive left and more than 1 dead team member so i seriously hope i get to heal my pokemon before the champion

ah crap im gonna have to buy more revives and fight them all again arent i

thanks [avoiding name for spoilers]

at least your theme is a fucking BANGER

Heh, Mr. Perfect is a tough one ngl. I beat him by soft resetting multiple times. Edit: that theme is perfect tho. I wonder why…

1 Like

To be honest I had a simillar experience, and I spent a lot on hyper potions and spamming the Sonata city tracks.Don’t give up!

So… I don’t think I should spoil his team. So I’ll put their weaknesses here.
The first mon is very weak to Fighting. Only use physical moves, as its ability will make special moves halve unless you have a weather move. You probably saw it already so just bring Hawlucha and OHKO the bad boi.
The second mon has an excellent typing. On normal, ground moves will be worse due to its item, so watch out.
The third mon is very good, and is mostly weak to rock, fighting, fairy and dragon. On normal it has a choice item.
The fourth mon is badass af. His coverage is so great it will most likely hit everything neutrally. He’s very weak to bug and weak to fairy, however.
The fifth mon has no weaknesses. Just bring your strongest mon here for an all out duel. Or Donphan. Yeah just bring that.
His last mon likes to shout, and is weak to fairy, flying, dragon, ice and rock.
Good luck, I hope I didn’t spoil much, and I can remove this if you want.

its fine honestly i got so salty at yuki that i looked at the teams. looked at the champs team as well after i lost to him. thanks for the tips though!

yeah, ive been grinding on the sonata tracks too. the grass track is the best one imo, mainly cos its the easiest to route imo (usually get 42 seconds, which gets 1st and sometimes 2nd). surprisingly easy way to earn money

1 Like

Hawlucha High Jump Kick shreds Tyranitar Haxorus and Kyurem. Delta Chandelure should deal with Mega Flygon and Shadow Mewtwo. Delta Typhlosion will have a hard time against Delta Volcarona, but a specs TBolt should 2HKO.

2 Likes

alright, that sounds like a solid plan. thanks a ton!

1 Like