A good team to overtake reukra

In my search for the true perfection (xd) i wanna se if my team is good to beat Reukra in the last mission. If you want, you can show your winner team to support what you think. My team is:

Akula (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Veil
Level: 106
Shiny: No
EVs: 0 Hp252 Atk24 Def0 SpA19 SpD215 Spe
Naive Nature

• Flamethrower
  • Swords Dance
  • Earthquake
  • Dragon Rush

Cleaver (Scizor) @ D. Scizorite
Ability: Tough Claws
Level: 99
EVs: 0 Hp241 Atk54 Def0 SpA215 SpD0 Spe
Naive Nature

• Close Combat
  • Psycho Cut
  • Icicle Crash
  • Hone Claws

Typhlosion @ Magnet
Ability: Motor Drive
Level: 94
EVs: 0 Hp0 Atk9 Def252 SpA21 SpD228 Spe
Docile Nature

• Rain Dance
  • Flash Cannon
  • Iron Defense
  • Thunder

La Macarena (Roserade) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Heliophobia
Level: 95
EVs: 0 Hp0 Atk92 Def252 SpA0 SpD166 Spe
Hardy Nature

• Moonblast
  • Lunar Cannon
  • Moonlight
  • Attract

PIXY (Blaziken) @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
Level: 102
EVs: 6 Hp252 Atk0 Def0 SpA0 SpD252 Spe
Adamant Nature

• Blaze Kick
  • Swords Dance
  • Protect
  • Sky Uppercut

Rotten Man (Luxray) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Venomous
Level: 98
EVs: 12 Hp0 Atk252 Def0 SpA246 SpD0 Spe
Serious Nature

• Swagger
  • Poison Jab
  • Metal Burst
  • Toxic Spikes

Maybe i have a horrible team, but would be helpful if you give me some tip to be better. Thanks!!

1 Like

Commenting so I can get back to this when I’m available.

D tyhplosion is pretty meh without its mega, also why would you run rain dance without the mega (and also why not new moon? it would benefiet your roserade).

A really good counter for rekura would be a mold breaker excadrill (mold breaker is necessary to hit effectively his d.volcarona).

I change many often their items. Im dissapointed with dlt typlhosion too, im thinking change it for a dlt grenninja. What do you think?

ESSAY INCOMING

Aight, assuming you’re playing on normal, you need to play around that Mewtwo. Maybe scarf your Roserade to get that extra speed edge, it might also OHKO the Noivern as well. Also, maybe try to train up an Excadrill for the Sand Rush boost on his free sand stream.

Strategy 1: Lead with Excadrill to get the sand rush boost, then yeet him with an Earthquake. Stock up on focus sashes in Helios if you’re concerned. When the Noivern comes in, your team is a bit ill-equipped for it. Either EV reset and train the Garchomp, or sash the Scizor. Don’t use the Roserade, it’s useful for the Mewtwo and chipping the Volcarona. In all honesty, don’t use the Luxray. It can’t do anything the entire fight, and toxic spikes will only work on 2 of his Pokémon, assuming he doesn’t switch his Tyranitar. If you can chip the Mewtwo with the Roserade, and if it’s below half, then send in your Blaziken when it dies, Mega+protect, then sweep the rest. If Goodra becomes a problem, then just switch Typhlosion out for a delta Noivern. It’s not too useful for the fight either, especially considering that you want to keep the sand up for Excadrill.

Strategy 2: X Speed and X Attack/Special. Worked for me once. Cheap, but viable, I guess.

TL;DR

Train an Excadrill. Buy sashes and use scarves.

For the E4 in general, it’s pretty bad. I’d get everything to the same level, as E4 scales to your highest level mon. Garchomp should have Outrage or Dragon Claw over Dragon Rush, and Fire Blast or Stone Edge is preferable over Flamethrower, though IG the accuracy could be useful. Remove the defense EVs and put 252 in Spe and 4 in SpA. It’s a fast sweeper, so Max Speed is useful. Life Orb is fine here.

D. Scizor is bad without Scarf or Banded Ice Shard. Here’s a Scarf set.
D. Scizor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
Naive Nature(Jolly is better, but it doesn’t matter that much)

• Close Combat
  • Ice Punch/Icicle Crash(Ice Punch has 2.5 more BP cuz Tough Claws and 100% acc, but Icicle Crash has flinch chance)
  • Knock Off
  • X-Scissor/U-Turn(for Shadow Mewtwo, Bug Bite is also an option if you don’t want to grind for the TM from Sonata Tracks.)

Delta Typhlo is not worth it. I’ll consider some picks later.

Blaziken should have those HP EVs in SpDef for maximum efficiency, but it doesn’t make that much difference. High Jump Kick over Sky Uppercut for the BP, though you could run EQ for similar coverage. You could run Flare Blitz, but beware the recoil.

D. Luxray is again, not great for E4, with that 4x Ground weakness.

Delta Roserade is generally a New Moon sweeper with Shadow Dance, and it’s not great vs. E4. So, we’ll replace those 3.

You now have M. Blaziken, Scarf D. Scizor, and LO Garchomp. A second Ground type won’t hurt, as Ground, Fighting, and Steel are very good vs the E4 and Champ. Instead of Sand Rush Excadrill, I think Mold Breaker Scarf Excadrill is better here. You would have a hard time fitting in Armored Tyranitar with your core squad, so Mold Breaker is better for the E4 in general, though you could try to reverse sweep Eduard with Sand Rush Excadrill. You can get the HA from Friend Safaris, it’s a 1/5 chance.

Mold Breaker

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature(as long as it isn’t -ATK or -SPE it should be fine)

• Earthquake
  • Iron Head
  • Rock Slide
  • X Scissor/Toxic/Brick Break
Sand Rush

Excadrill @ Life Orb/Leftovers/Soft Sand
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature(as long as it isn’t -ATK or -SPE it should be fine)

• Earthquake
  • Iron Head(Replace for X Scissor when fighting Reukra if possible, you could also use it for Eduard)
  • Rock Slide
  • Swords Dance

Now with Excadrill+M. Blaziken+Scarf D. Scizor+Garchomp, the squad seems very physically oriented. You don’t have a Taunt user, so let’s run a Gengar. You could run Gyarados, but I think Gengar works nicely with the Fighting+Ground spam you have so far. Both shut down Kayla and Eduard’s leads with Taunt.

Gengar @ Life Orb/Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA, 4 SpDef, 252 Spe
Timid Nature

• Taunt
  • Shadow Ball
  • Sludge Wave/Bomb
  • Focus Blast/Thunderbolt/Dazzling Gleam

The last slot is up to personal choice, but I think something that beats London is a good choice. Gengar deals with Kayla, and M. Blaziken+Scarfers deals with Yuki, Eduard, and Reukra. I would use BU D. Snorlax for the Yuki, London, Eduard, and Reukra matchups.

D. Snorlax

Delta Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 188 HP / 144 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature

• Bulk Up
  • Seed Bomb
  • EQ/Drain Punch
  • Synthesis

You could run Drain Punch and EQ and forego Synthesis altogether, as you’re fine without it, but it helps set up a bit more.

Thanks!!! I havent beated Reukra yet, but im ready for your tips.

You should consider the E4 too, when going in, unless you have already gotten to Reukra. If that’s the case, then you can’t change your party. I’ll write about D. Roserade, D. Luxray, and D. Typhlo later if that’s the case.

Hold on, this is pre-credits? Rip